Xbox Kinect SDK 2.0 - Get onboard accelerometer data

Discus and support Xbox Kinect SDK 2.0 - Get onboard accelerometer data in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using the Kinect SDK 2.0 to perform depth mapping and would like to get the accelerometer data from the Kinect 2.0 in C++. I haven't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TL_749, Jul 26, 2022.

1. TL_749
    TL_749 Guest

Hello,

I've been using the Kinect SDK 2.0 to perform depth mapping and would like to get the accelerometer data from the Kinect 2.0 in C++. I haven't found any SDK documentation so any help would be appreciated. I installed the Depth Basics-D2D solution and built/ran it in Visual Studio and it worked, which was excellent, but I still wasn't able to find how to get the onboard accelerometer data. If anyone could help, that'd be great!

Xbox Kinect SDK 2.0 - Get onboard accelerometer data [​IMG]

Note - I tried looking at the functions available in the IKinectSensor object in DepthBasics.cpp called m_pKinectSensor however it has no accelerometer functions (here are some of the functions in the objects:

Xbox Kinect SDK 2.0 - Get onboard accelerometer data [​IMG]

Thank you!

:)

TL_749, Jul 26, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello TL_749,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us and hope you are doing well today.

We understand that you are trying to get the accelerometer data from the Kinect 2.0 in C++ and SDK documentation accelerometer data. To make sure you can get more professional help, we would like to refer you on the right support for your requests.

You can visit this link for more accurate information with your concerns:

All Questions - Microsoft Q&A and go to "Ask a Question"

We hope this helps and it is even better to connect with the correct support/community forum, where you can get dedicated assistance, the experts there will provide accurate answers for you.

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

I wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. WPAK Win User

Xbox 360 kinect compatibility

Hi there,

from what I can find is that you need to use the SDK version that is suited for the first Kinect sensor (the 360 one)

and I think this is the latest:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40278

The SDK 2.0 version is meant for the new Kinect sensor that for example came with the Xbox One console, so different hardware and it requires that newer sensor (so not the 360 one)
  4. Starseid Win User

Kinect 2.0 for xbox series X/s

The Kinect line has been permanently discontinued as of 2017 and has no plans to be revisited unfortunately. The device can still be utilized with adapters (or with a little ingenuity) with limited capabilities on PC through the Kinect 2.0 SDK.

But as for any use on Xbox Series S/X, it is highly unlikely to happen.
  5. JagLau Win User

Congrats microsoft you developed a good way to break your controllers

Are you pointing the two IR LEDs on the front of the controller at the Kinect when shaking? It's looking for movement, not sensing with an accelerometer.
  6. HairyLoveSpuds Win User

Is it a possibility?

SirAngry is correct, in the common sense.

-

Kinect 1.0 and 2.0 uses the Universal Serial Bus data System to transfer data, 1.0 uses USB 2.0 and Kinect 2.0 Uses USB 3.0 That is the path the data travels on. No other, Once again i state, it does not matter what the end is, it uses USB to transfer Data.

-

It does not matter what end is on the cable. It uses Universal Serial Bus. It is a specially made port that only works on an Xbox, In fact you can actually buy Cat 5 extenders to make them work

-

It does not use Serial, Parallel, Firewire, Wifi or any other type of data trnasfer.

-

These are all USB, it is just the end is different. It use USB to transfer data

-

[View:http://i40.tinypic.com/2zgw3tg.jpg]

-

[​IMG]

-

Above is the leaked specs of the Kinect 2 against the Kinect 1
Thema:

1. Xbox Kinect SDK 2.0 - Get onboard accelerometer data - Similar Threads - Kinect SDK onboard

2. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  3. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  4. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  5. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  6. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  7. For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?: I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to ask, do i have to buy a completely new...
  8. Kinect issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect issue: Good day, so I recently got my Xbox one updated using the latest offline update software, set up went well, however upon trying to plug in my Kinect I am met with an error "there was a problem...
  9. kinect 2.0 SDK for windows installation failed

in XBoX on Windows
    kinect 2.0 SDK for windows installation failed: When I installed the kinectSDK-v2.0 downloaded from the official website, it was prompted that the installation failed, and the error message is as shown below. How can I install it successfully?...
  10. Detect skeleton using Kinect SDK v2.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detect skeleton using Kinect SDK v2.0: I'm a developer. I'm using Kinect for Xbox One and Kinect SDK v2.0 to detect skeleton. I can detect 25 joints but I need more. For example I can detect hipleft and hipright but I want more...