Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself

Discus and support Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve owned my xbox 360 slim for 5 years and it was bought used. I have never had a problem with it until recently. One day it randomly tunred on by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Narlyflounder, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself

I’ve owned my xbox 360 slim for 5 years and it was bought used. I have never had a problem with it until recently. One day it randomly tunred on by itself. It turned off by itself so I turned it back on and played a little game thinking it was acting weird
    because I haven’t been very active on it in a while. It ran fine for about 10 minutes then turned off again. l pressed the button to open up the game tray and my xbox turned on then turned itself off immediately. Then I tried to open the tray again and it
    would make the ding noise but nothing would happen. I tried the power button and it wouldn’t even make a noise. I unplugged the xbox and plugged it back in and it played for a bit then turned off. The power supply is a solid orange and I’ve tried whiping the
    power button to clean any residue and I’ve plugged it up in other outlets. I’ve also tried to change the position of it but it cuts on by itself and shuts off after a minute. Can someone please help me?

:)

Narlyflounder, Nov 13, 2018
  2. hothead75
    hothead75 Guest
    My Xbox keeps cutting itself off

I've been playing games or just checking for updates and my console cuts itself off unexpectedly. Its connected to my tv and that's it. Should there be something more? Is something wrong with my Xbox? I need help.

hothead75, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Someone Y63
    Someone Y63 Guest
    xbox one turns self on and cuts self off randomly

I've had my xbox one for a while. I have been having an issue with my system randomly cutting itself on and randomly cutting itself off. As for it cutting itself off .... sometimes its just after 5 seconds from turning it on to 30 or so minutes or even 2
    - 3 hours.

Someone Y63, Nov 13, 2018
  4. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest

Hey there Narly,

Sorry to hear you are running into these power issues with the Xbox 360. If you have not checked out the

Xbox 360 No Power Solution
    troubleshooting steps I would advise you go through the support article.

If you are able to get a hold of a spare Power Supply Unit I would suggest giving that a try to see if that's the problem. You would just have to replace the Power Supply instead of replacing the Console itself.

I hope this helps!

XBF Erick C, Nov 13, 2018
  5. Thank you for the help. As of right now it’s running and it’s been running for about 10 minutes or so. If it cuts off again I will try trouble shooting it.

Narlyflounder, Nov 13, 2018
  6. Hi there Narlyflounder,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad the article provided by XBF Erick has worked.

Please keep in mind, if the issue persists, you may need access to another Xbox 360 power supply, try using that power supply with your console. This will help determine whether the problem is with the power supply or the console itself.

Note: Not all power supplies work with all Xbox 360 consoles. Do not force a power supply plug into your console.

Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 6, 2018
  7. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Narlyflounder,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad the article provided by XBF Erick has worked.

Please keep in mind, if the issue persists, you may need access to another Xbox 360 power supply, try using that power supply with your console. This will help determine whether the problem is with the power supply or the console itself.

Note: Not all power supplies work with all Xbox 360 consoles. Do not force a power supply plug into your console.

Hope this helps.
  8. Narlyflounder Win User

Thank you for the help. As of right now it’s running and it’s been running for about 10 minutes or so. If it cuts off again I will try trouble shooting it.
  9. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Narly,

Sorry to hear you are running into these power issues with the Xbox 360. If you have not checked out the

Xbox 360 No Power Solution
    troubleshooting steps I would advise you go through the support article.

If you are able to get a hold of a spare Power Supply Unit I would suggest giving that a try to see if that's the problem. You would just have to replace the Power Supply instead of replacing the Console itself.

I hope this helps!
  10. Lancearrow1 Win User

Xbox 360 cuts on and off by itself.

Cell phones and wireless laptops wouldnt cause the xbox to turn on and off. It could be a power supply issue. Try to find a buddy with an xbox and borrow his power supply and see if it works if KageNoRyu's advice doesnt help.
  11. I KageNoRyu I Win User

Xbox 360 cuts on and off by itself.

Some wireless devices can interfere with your Xbox,like cell phones and wireless laptops.Also at times,take a soft cloth and carefully wipe off the power button.Sometimes grease or oils from your skin or dust can cause the power button to falsely report
    as pressed

The shutting off part depends on if you have the Auto-off setting enabled.When your console is inactive for a certain time,it'll turn itself off.

To fix that follow the link below

support.xbox.com/.../console-turns-off-unexpectedly

I hope this helps in any way.
Thema:

1. Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself - Similar Threads - keeps cutting off

2. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i keep getting banned?: Im putting ups lfg for fallout 76 trying to sell items from my in game vendors, and i keep getting banned for it, why? What is going on with yalls moderation. Ive been banned for 2 days on 3...
  3. xbox keeps signing me out!

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox keeps signing me out!: I am trying to create an account; it;s all registered and verified, but whenever I log in to cloud gaming, it automatically signs me out. Any ideas? 0d536b83-3015-4406-99ec-f12f949a5279
  4. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  5. My friend is using Xbox game bar and he keeps cutting out.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend is using Xbox game bar and he keeps cutting out.: I’ve only just started having this issue and it’s happening as I type this, he can hear me but I cannot hear him, I can only hear him for about 2 seconds then it’s like 30 seconds of silence even...
  6. Sound keeps cutting out only when playing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound keeps cutting out only when playing games: I have an Xbox One that’s about 6 or 7 years old now and recently I’ve noticed after about 2 minutes of playing any game the sound cuts out. I’ve tried basic trouble shooting like changing the...
  7. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...
  8. My new headset (ventaris h700 , usb plug ) keeps cutting out after an hour to 2 hour of usage

in XBoX on Windows
    My new headset (ventaris h700 , usb plug ) keeps cutting out after an hour to 2 hour of usage: this happened multiple times , im currently using my old, broken down headset which uses headphone jacks instead of this ones USB , and it works just fine , but my new one just sits there waiting...
  9. I keep getting a RANDOM internet EXPLORER short cut on my start menu...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting a RANDOM internet EXPLORER short cut on my start menu...: its very suspicious since i dont have it installed..... can someone help or know about this? 01739b2c-974c-405b-8aca-d1c05970f491
  10. Lego games keep crashing after first cut scene straight after installing game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lego games keep crashing after first cut scene straight after installing game: Yesterday we purchased Lego Avengers, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Movie game, Lego Hobbit and Lego Batman 3. The 2 Lego marvel games installed fine with no issues but Hobbit, Lego Movie game...