XBOX JAPAN. NOT ACCEPTING jAPAN PAYPAL, OR JAPAN INSTORE CREDIT OR PREPAID CREDIT CARDS.

Discus and support XBOX JAPAN. NOT ACCEPTING jAPAN PAYPAL, OR JAPAN INSTORE CREDIT OR PREPAID CREDIT CARDS. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Xbox Series X. previously owned Xbox 1 and 1x. Purchasing content from Digital download through XBOX Store. previously.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MuzzSolo2, Dec 14, 2020.

1. MuzzSolo2
    MuzzSolo2 Guest

XBOX JAPAN. NOT ACCEPTING jAPAN PAYPAL, OR JAPAN INSTORE CREDIT OR PREPAID CREDIT CARDS.

I recently purchased a new Xbox Series X. previously owned Xbox 1 and 1x.

Purchasing content from Digital download through XBOX Store. previously.

New xbox app and xbox market has blocked purchasing content. it asks for Credit or Debit card.

Have Certified Paypal Japan account in my billing Account preferences

Have 10,000 yen Xbox Gift Card Japan currency redeem code added to account.

I have prepaid visa gift card. in the past these were acceptable.

what has changed and why wont anything be accepted?

:)

MuzzSolo2, Dec 14, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can’t make purchases in Japan

You need to use a Japanese credit or debit card, yes I understand exactly the issues of foreigners getting them, I would recommend you go to a shop that carries Xbox cards like Yodobashi camera

The clerks will attempt to be very helpful and explain to you that the card will not work at America, just FYI :) so I would be prepared to tell them that you live in Japan, preferably in Japanese :)

You need to change your account regions to Japan, your store regions of Japan, and obtain a Japanese method of payment, probably the easiest way to do that might be through PayPal registered to your Japanese address.

I'm happy to be as much help as I can, I've spent significant amount of time in Japan and have encountered many of these difficulties before :)
  3. QuickMythril Win User

Region locked content

from my understanding, region switching to access other content is not illegal, however using false payment information is.

so if you switch to japan to get a free Game With Gold (for example), that should be fine. i believe even a response from Major Nelson said that was ok and would not cause bans on your account.

however if you make up a fake address in Japan (or use a real one that isn't yours) for a credit card, so you can buy something only available in Japan, that is considered fraud, and you could get in trouble.
  4. globcell Win User

Does Xbox Team and Microsoft hate Japan?

short answer, they do not hate Japan.
    Unfortunately, this time the guidelines are controversial in Japan. The future impact on Xbox in Japan is inevitable.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Credit Card charged without auto-renewal or permission, unlikely purchase aswell.

You will need to phone support for your region,the are the only ones who can deal with billing issues.

Phone number for Japan is 0120 220 340
  6. globcell Win User

save japan xbox...

I believe it is a matter of time for Microsoft to resolve this.
    Even Microsoft employees in Japan say they can't expect the Xbox in Japan to improve. At this rate, japan's xbox will die with time.
Thema:

1. XBOX JAPAN. NOT ACCEPTING jAPAN PAYPAL, OR JAPAN INSTORE CREDIT OR PREPAID CREDIT CARDS. - Similar Threads - JAPAN ACCEPTING jAPAN

2. Japan is an unsupported country for Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX on Windows
    Japan is an unsupported country for Xbox Cloud?: I was trying to access the Gaming Cloud from Japan on my PC but I got a message of unsupported country. Whereas it is stated on the website Japan is a supported country. I am a bit disappointed...
  3. Japan gamepass for PC game unavailable despite advertising on gamepasspage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Japan gamepass for PC game unavailable despite advertising on gamepasspage: I have gamepass for PC (I live in Japan, and pay in Japnese yen). Some games ( for ex roller drome, Gotham Knights, Remnant 2) show up on gamepass pc with a link to install, but then show up as...
  4. Can you help me.Do you block account for changing DNS?. And I bought a console in Japan but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me.Do you block account for changing DNS?. And I bought a console in Japan but...: Hi, I would like to ask, I lived in Japan for a while and bought an xbox there and then returned home. And when I turned on my xbox, I got error 0x80a40401 and my region is set to Japan and I’m...
  5. Hi please help me. I bought the Minecraft JAVA from Microsoft Japan website for my son but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi please help me. I bought the Minecraft JAVA from Microsoft Japan website for my son but...: We are in Singapore and want to play it in Singapore. But I couldn't buy it from Microsoft Singapore web in SGD, I bought it on Japanese Microsoft with Japanese yen. Thank you for your help....
  6. My Xbox won’t connect to internet after moving from America to japan

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t connect to internet after moving from America to japan: I just moved to Japan from the United States and am trying to connect to Japanese wifi. My phone is able to connect but my Xbox is not. The connection is wireless and I don’t have an Ethernet...
  7. Hello, I bought Xbox series s and it's for Japan only can I use it in Egypt?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I bought Xbox series s and it's for Japan only can I use it in Egypt?: The power outlet in Japan is 100V 60Hrz and in Egypt it's 220V 50Hrz.. do I need power converter? 15bb0c82-a1bb-4063-97cc-d8bf7a18d134
  8. Xbox series s Japan to Europe/Indonesia

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s Japan to Europe/Indonesia: hello, I'm from Indonesia.. I want to buy Xbox series s Europa (2 round plugs) because this EU version has the same plugs as in my country, but it's out of stock.. and there's only the Japanese...
  9. My account on Xbox is getting Japanese prices when I'm not actually in Japan

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account on Xbox is getting Japanese prices when I'm not actually in Japan: I have set my account to be in my country on Microsoft, but for some reason it does not transfer that info to the Xbox app. So it shows the Japanese prices of everything, meaning I can't set my...
  10. Xbox Series X in Japan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X in Japan: Hello! I am planning on moving to Japan for a year. I was curious if I would need a voltage converter for my Xbox Series X or not. My phone and iPad seem to be fine, but accidentally frying my...