Xbox Issues with Vizio 65 inch OLED

Discus and support Xbox Issues with Vizio 65 inch OLED in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I posted the following thread on reddit under Vizio, but some of these issues are likely related to the Xbox instead of my TV/Soundbar. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Z-B44T, Dec 2, 2020.

  1. Z-B44T
    Z-B44T Guest

    Xbox Issues with Vizio 65 inch OLED


    I posted the following thread on reddit under Vizio, but some of these issues are likely related to the Xbox instead of my TV/Soundbar.

    I edited/removed the parts of my original post that pertain to VRR/ or only to the TV:

    I'm going to list out everything I've experienced, my setup, and the attempts at resolution I've tried so far.

    First, I'm going to tell you that I work in Information Technology. Technology is literally my life. Trust me when I say that I have tried everything. Also trust me when I say that I have the correct (certified HDMI 2.1) cables connected to the correct ports
    with the correct settings switched on. I have tried updating, resetting, restarting, factory resetting, you name it. I have tried everything. I will keep mentioning certified because they are actual certified 48gbps Ultra High Speed HDMI cables.

    ----My Setup----

    - Vizio OLED65-H1

    - VIZIO P514a-H6 (Elevate) Sound bar connected to HDMI Port-1 (eARC) on both the Sound bar and the TV with an HDMI 2.1 certified cable.

    - Xbox Series X (The new one) connected to HDMI port 2 (4k-120hz) with an HDMI 2.1 certified cable.

    ------Issues-----

    Audio:

    My soundbar and TV are both "capable of receiving DTS:X" However, the Xbox cannot/will not output DTS:X to the sound bar no matter what DTS does NOT work. Dolby Atmos on the other hand works sometimes. If all of the planets align, then instead of outputting
    2 channel audio, I can sometimes get it to properly output Dolby Atmos at least, I can until I switch from one game to another. (I'm also going to post this on the Xbox forum because I'm not sure if this is the TV or the Sound bar, or the Xbox, but regardless.
    It doesn't work.) If I have the audio functioning close a game on the Xbox and open a new game. ALL AUDIO STOPS. The Xbox will completely stop outputting any and all audio. Video works-ish. But no sound. In short: Dolby Atmos is spotty, and DTS:X doesn't work
    at all.

    Sometimes the Dolby Atmos will be "outputting" from the Xbox, but it is extremely choppy and sounds awful. Sometimes I can try changing the TV input to another input and back to the Xbox, but sometimes that makes the Xbox completely stop outputting video
    AND audio and I have to power everything off and start all over again (sounds REALLY fun, doesn't it)?

    Essentially, there seems to be a handshake issue for audio and it sometimes breaks all audio, sometimes breaks Dolby Atmos, but ALWAYS breaks DTS:X

    Video:

    Beyond the VRR issues which are known, there are other issues. The Xbox will only properly connect periodically. Often times, I will quit a game, and I will lose all video. When this happens, have to power off the Xbox, the TV, and the sound bar (sometimes
    I then have to unplug the TV and plug it back in, wait for it to acknowledge power), and then power it back on.

    Here's something else I've noticed: The color is wrong with the Xbox set to Ycbcr. Especially on HDR. If I tell the Xbox to output RGB, and then force the tv to the RGB setting, it blows out all of the blacks. It doesn't matter if I have it set to full or
    limited. It has to be set to Ycbcr on the TV in order for the blacks to look right.

    Here are the steps I have to follow nearly every single time in order to get the Xbox, the soundbar, and the TV to all somewhat work together:

    - Unplug every device from one another

    - Unplug the TV from power

    - Plug the TV power in (THIS MAY SEEM UNRELATED BUT I ONLY HAD THIS ISSUE WITH MY TV AFTER I GOT THE XBOX HOOKED UP. I'm wondering if there is some sort of CEC issue that is causing the Xbox to keep the TV turned off)?

    - Power on the TV and wait for it to completely boot up.

    - Plug the sound bar in to the TV

    - Change the TV to the HDMI 2 input

    - Plug the Xbox in,

    - Power the Xbox on

    - HOPE that the video AND audio work. If not, I get to start ALL OVER AGAIN

    Sometimes I'm able to fix things by triggering for example: the eARC setting in the TV's audio setting from on to off, and then back to on again, but sometimes that breaks more than it helps. Other times I'm able to fix some issues by switching inputs around
    a few times and then back, but again: that often breaks more than it helped and I may actually end up with the Xbox not outputting any video OR audio. Many times I've been able to fix the video issues by unplugging the HDMI cable from the back of the Xbox
    and plugging it back in, but that NEVER fixes the audio issue.

    :)
     
    Z-B44T, Dec 2, 2020
    #1
  2. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

    Monitors and tv

    I personally play my xbox on a 65 inch 4k lg oled but I know there some great gaming monitors.
  3. J.R.G. Win User

    Best 4K TV

    3 tvs are the top of the line. lg oled, samsung 8000/9000 series and vizio p series. all the rest are not there including sony
    My friend recently bought a 65" Vizio P-Series...gorgeous picture. Even the standard X Box One looks better on it.
  4. annix Win User

    What do you play on?

    Right now I’m on a 42 inch Samsung QLED 4K HDR set, but before the Series X is out I’m planning on upgrading to the LG C9 or CX in 65 inch. I need that HDMI 2.1 120hz OLED goodness in my life.
  5. Dylan4284 Win User

    TV recognizing entire Netflix app as HDR

    Same issue. Let me know if you find any solution. Samsung OLED and Vizio 2017 P Series.
  6. CosmicGreat1 Win User

    What Type Of TV Do You Game On?

    Same here, vizio LCD 37 inch
Thema:

Xbox Issues with Vizio 65 inch OLED

Loading...
  1. Xbox Issues with Vizio 65 inch OLED - Similar Threads - Issues Vizio inch

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  9. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...
  10. Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue: I just recently installed insider and have Omega. I installed multiple Xbox One discs older and newer and they seem to not allow claiming the digital license. Maybe I'm confused about something...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. P514A-H6 HDMI 2.1?