Xbox issues with Nat Types while using 2 different routers connect to eachother.

Discus and support Xbox issues with Nat Types while using 2 different routers connect to eachother. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I’m trying to get my xbox and my girlfriends xbox to NAT open. She has a Netgear nighthawk setup that’s connected from the main router that’s... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Feed Me Booty, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Xbox issues with Nat Types while using 2 different routers connect to eachother.

So I’m trying to get my xbox and my girlfriends xbox to NAT open. She has a Netgear nighthawk setup that’s connected from the main router that’s connected to the modem in our living room. That same modem is wired directly into her xbox. My xbox is hard wired directly to the main router in the living room.

So I have tried port forwarding on my Xbox initially and it worked. NAT Open. Proceeded to work on her xbox and after some struggle getting rid of the Double NAT issue and getting her router itself port forwarded(I have spectrum btw), I got it to work. All her games connect to servers etc. Went back to check my Xbox and it reverted back to NAT Moderate. So I messed around with port forwarding and disabling and reenabling UPnP, it said open. However none on my games would connect to their servers. Made sure I had a good port on my own Xbox, and all, but to no avail. Finally turned off UPnP, it said open, games didn’t work. Turned it back on finally and set everything back to automatic cause I was tired of messing with this, and my Xbox went back to moderate. Games finally working after all this. So I apologize for the long story, but I just need to know, can I not have 2 open nat’s on both routers for 2 different consoles, with 2 different routers connected to one another?

:)

Feed Me Booty, Nov 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox issues with Nat Types while using 2 different routers connect to eachother.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Feed

Yes, that’s possible but can be a bit tricky depending on how the routers are configured and the configurations that you change inside settings.

The best option in this case is reach your ISP support and ask them to configure properly your routers (or instead a network technician)
  3. Intenzitey Win User

Some Xbox Live Content May Be Unavailable (and like 4 different error messages)

Hi there guys, This may be your routers and your NAT type. For router side try reset your router. To do this either unplug it for about 30 seconds and re-plugging it in. If it still persists you may need to update your router. Different routers have different
    ways of updating. Now on to NAT type. Please refer to this - support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict. You may need to open up your NAT type.
  4. Miss Ermine Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live with wired connection

Hmm, so let me see if I'm following. It would connect to the wireless just fine, but when you wire it in, no dice? I'm wondering if it might be a hardware issue. Have you tried a different ethernet cable, or even a different port in your router? That's
    what I'd try next, in case it's an easy solution like that.

Or, if you can get connected again with that NAT issue, you can try this:
    Xbox NAT Type | Xbox 360 NAT Type | Xbox NAT Error
  5. bowski477 Win User

black ops

Here are some helpful suggestions. I tend to have this issue when my power goes out. All I do is turn my router off for 5-10 seconds then turn it back on again and it fixes itself. I assume different methods work for different routers though. Good luck!

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

NAT Problem - langsame Spielgeschwindigkeit

Hi lg! Usually NAT issues are easy to fix (sometimes as easy as just restarting the router/modem. If that doesn't help you can use this guide: Xbox NAT Type |
    Xbox 360 NAT Type | Xbox NAT Error
    (there should be one for your region/language)

Please give that a try and see if that improves the connection.
Thema:

1. Xbox issues with Nat Types while using 2 different routers connect to eachother. - Similar Threads - issues Nat Types

2. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  3. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  4. Gamepass update issue on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass update issue on PC: I am on PC and Xbox Gamepass has a required update. I try to update. It repeatedly errors out with error code 0x080070020 that seems to relate to multiple instances of the app running. But only...
  5. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  6. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  7. Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?: I am having issue with my Xbox series x connection . NAT type is moderate and UPnP not successful . How to solve this I tried what I could. Thank you 34f49f2f-1e2a-4c28-8c18-bea6ab4f7c46
  8. How do I fix unavailable Nat type / teredo issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix unavailable Nat type / teredo issues.: Hi, I have an Xbox series x and recently have been encountering multiplayer/network issues. My Xbox continually shows that Nat type is unavailable as well as issues with teredo connection. I have...
  9. Double nat issue on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double nat issue on xbox series x: Hi, I've had this issue for years now. Ever since I got this new Modem when we upgraded to NBN. My Xbox has always used a wired connection straight to the modem with no other modems or gateways...
  10. My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite: While Launching a game of fortnite of any creative map or any mode It gives me network errors I tested everything and its all good I need help a4bbe4d8-e7d1-4269-8327-7960837af66a