Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv

Discus and support Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had turned on my xbox one s this morning only to be met by a black screen. I made sure the tv was on and it was. I did the normal thing to do, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Manuel M_0328, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv

I had turned on my xbox one s this morning only to be met by a black screen. I made sure the tv was on and it was. I did the normal thing to do, and power cycled my console. Once I turned it back on, the black screen didn't appear, but nothing was happening now. No green screen, nothing. I did some digging into what could happen and came across the 'Black Screen of Death'. I did everything that was suggested to fix the issue and nothing worked. I tried to see if xbox app would work, but when I tried to uninstall any games it hit me with a 'try again later something went wrong'. I also noticed that it said my xbox was on standby mode, when I never had that enabled. I was downloading some games, but the games weren't large in terms of size. I mention this because I saw something that this could be an issue that happens when you download something while the xbox is in standby mode. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Everything I see gives me the solution of repairing the console, but I don't want it to come to that. Does anyone have any solutions?

:)

Manuel M_0328, Dec 31, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Manuel M_0328,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. JrB908 Win User

Record Xbox 360 gameplay using a blu-ray recorder?

May delay the input to the display and make the game play a little unresponsive and awkward though ?
  5. Falkon(2) Win User

Samsung configuration help

Decreasing the video resolution won't change anything. What you're likely experiencing is called "input lag", a delay between the time when the TV receives input from your source, processes it, and then displays it on the screen. This can result in games
    feeling clumsy, unresponsive and even unplayable.

In order to fix it you essentially need to reduce the amount of processing your display has to do in the interim. Disabling features like dynamic contrast, edge enhancement, and colour boosters can help with minimizing processing time. Usually the biggest
    contributor is motion interpolation - your Samsung TV will call it AutoMotion Plus. Go into your picture settings, and under piction options you should find this feature, disable it and see if it makes a difference - it should be noticeable.

Also, games/Xbox/PS3/etc. are perfectly compatible with current LED/LCD displays.
  6. RakkaDisciprine Win User

Xbox One S 4K Output/Input

If you're having troubles with the advanced 4K screen saying that you pretty much won't be doing anything with 4K, then you may have to fiddle with HDMI input settings on your TV. I have the XBR43x830c, and in order for it to display that I could play games,
    watch movies, and all that, I had to go into my HDMI input settings and change the HDMI input for the Xbox to enhanced or something like that. Once I had done that, I was all green save for HDR, which my TV doesn't support.
Thema:

1. Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv - Similar Threads - unresponsive inputs once

2. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...
  3. Unresponsive controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive controller: So my controller is unresponsive but connected. It's not in my xbox controller list, but it's connected no vibration feedback when holding the Xbox button and no movement when using joysticks or...
  4. joystick unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    joystick unresponsive: In the middle of playing and then I went to crouch with the right joystick in and it was unresponsive went to settings to try reset it he crouch then put it back on right stick in and it was...
  5. How do I fix my unresponsive Xbox Series S controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my unresponsive Xbox Series S controller?: I only just got this xbox less than a month ago (christmas present) and today my friend downloaded Tubi so we could watch a movie and the second the movie started, my controller became...
  6. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...
  7. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  8. My xbox controller is unresponsive and keeps blinking twice

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox controller is unresponsive and keeps blinking twice: when was playing Forza horizon 5, I went to go plug in the charger, out of nowhere my xbox controller became unresponsive and after every 30 seconds it would blink twice and it would do it until...
  9. Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again: This is the second gen 2 elite controller after having my first one have the exact same issue and needing to have it replaced. My right bumper has started to be more and more unresponsive, this...
  10. Series 2 Elite unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 Elite unresponsive: Had my controller suddenly stop working in the middle of a game. Please connect controller message appeared. Tried to power cycle it but it doesn't seem to help. Now when the controller turns on...