Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it...

Discus and support Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It’s possible I changed it in the past but I seriously doubt it. I don’t mean to sound pretentious but this is something i would remember doing.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Colin W_123, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Colin W_123
    Colin W_123 Guest

Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it...

It’s possible I changed it in the past but I seriously doubt it. I don’t mean to sound pretentious but this is something i would remember doing.

:)

Colin W_123, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it charges me $9.99.

The free change is only given if you were given a randomly generated tag when you created your account and are changing that for the first time. If you have a tag you chose, that was your free change.
  3. anonymous121314_123 Win User

Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it charges me $9.99.

I have the same issue. However, on the support page it states the following:

“If this is your first time changing your gamertag, you can change it one time for free. This is regardless of whether we created it for you automatically when you first signed up for Xbox (meaning you didn’t choose it yourself) or if you created your own gamertag at signup.”

Here is the link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag
  4. Paul1708 Win User

It says I changed my gamertag but I never did before....?

So recently Ive been thinking that I should change my name on Xbox, I've always been EchoxWindwaker. Then, when I tried to change it out for a new name that was available, it charged me the normale fee, and not the free one for the first time. I'm
    extremely confused why because I've never changed it before.
    Hey

When you set up your account for the every 1st time it will give you a name automatic if you choose to make a name when you set up the account then that use your free change
  5. GS Scheme Win User

Xbox Username

How is it my mistake when it didnt try to charge me for the name change when Ive already used my free name change before. its their website
  6. YehudaTheBrain Win User

I have problem i want change my gamertag?

in 100% no one can give me free change name?
Thema:

1. Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it... - Similar Threads - supposed free name

2. I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...: This controller iss supposed to be able too work on. All. Consoles but I can't seem to get it to. Itis anintendo switch 321529b7-3fa0-4ab5-8608-80077ac2daab
  3. My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...

in XBoX on Windows
    My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...: My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it still isn't working I have unplugged my console also restarted it can someone sort it out or help me im desperate really....
  4. Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire: I bought the Elite 2 controller by microsoft store on September 26, 2022 and should therefore have a warranty until September 26, 2024. This was now terminated on February 17, 2024, within the...
  5. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  6. Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end: I got banned on january 9 until the 24 from communication and a week later i still cant start a party or join any along with not being able to add people on certain games and voice chat being...
  7. Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...: When I put in the code for the gift card it told me could not find code or code cannot be found 8bf70964-4a5e-4da6-9cdb-207921cb8d3f
  8. Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...: I'm pretty sure i just started having problems with my CPU performance a few weeks ago. Whenever i started up more CPU intensive games like Fortnite or Minecraft, my FPS just tops out at roughly...
  9. What am I supposed to do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What am I supposed to do?: Hi, I've been wanting to redeem a reward but I can'tcause I need a phone number to do so...but the problemis, is that I don't have a number. I cant afford service and therefore don't have a phone...
  10. Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s: Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s and do I have to delete everything to make enough space for one simple game 1936c148-70dc-4a5c-b19c-0b52b4af8742