Xbox is slow, laggy and freezes

Discus and support Xbox is slow, laggy and freezes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have an xbox one and it about 5 or 6 years old. I have stated playing on it again and when I try to launch the console it often just stays as a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Kooldeep, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Mr Kooldeep
    Mr Kooldeep Guest

Hi

I have an xbox one and it about 5 or 6 years old. I have stated playing on it again and when I try to launch the console it often just stays as a grey screen for more half an hour sometimes. Whenever it does manage to load up, it takes a painfully long time for me to be able to smoothly browse through the homepage. When I finally open any game (mostly Call of Duty Warzone), it takes 2 - 3 hours to load. When I finally start playing, it randomly freezes. I have tried restarting the xbox and even a full factory reset. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could improve it, or will I just have to buy a new one.

:)

Mr Kooldeep, Jul 16, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Mr! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your console.

If you don't mind, please answer the following questions.

- May I ask which Xbox One model you are using?

- Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?

Thank you.
  3. Mr Kooldeep Win User

Hello AJ,

I have just looked into my xbox, but I couldn't find the model,. but I could give the serial number (044801440948), the OS build (10.0.22000.4975) or the year I purchased it in (2016). I also don't have any external storages plugged in aswell.
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Mr! I hope that works for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  5. Mr Kooldeep Win User

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them out and hopefully they will work
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Mr! thank you for your reply.

The issues you described in your post could be caused by a corrupted external hard drive, but since you don't have one and you already did a full reset, it's safe to assume this could hardware-related.

My only suggestion would be to perform an offline system update to 'reinstall' the console's OS. You can find detailed instructions, as well as the requirements for this process at: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't work and you have an Xbox One S or an Xbox One X, I'd suggest registering its serial number at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices to see if it's eligible for service order.

* Even if your Xbox console is no longer covered by your Standard Limited Warranty, you may be eligible for out-of-warranty service for a fee. Please refer to this page for more information on out-of-warranty service orders: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne... *
Thema:

1. Xbox is slow, laggy and freezes - Similar Threads - slow laggy freezes

2. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  3. Xbox One S being slow and laggy.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S being slow and laggy.: I have an Xbox One S (2 T), I bought it refurbished from GameStop about 2 years ago, although just 4 days ago any game I would play would be laggy and crash, and then ultimately the Xbox itself...
  4. When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...: this just started happening after i updated to windows 11, was working fine yesterday on windows 10. 6ba469ab-12dd-42cf-8932-124bd21ecd38
  5. Slow download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download: Why are downloading updates so slow when Internet connection is 400mb + 31026a73-8e97-4f3e-86ae-78c1849ce75c
  6. What can I do to fix slow/buggy system

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can I do to fix slow/buggy system: My xbox series s was having trouble with a game so I tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't install at all. I tried everything that was suggested but it just made everything worse. My xbox won't...
  7. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  8. my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...: my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads? ef9629da-cc41-4ce3-b364-d34ae574bd3c
  9. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  10. Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??: Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why?? 3255d2d3-4bae-4eb3-88f6-fd4dc4c9b95c