Xbox is showing 7.45mbs it isn't my Internet I just purchased an upgrade for a 150mbs

Discus and support Xbox is showing 7.45mbs it isn't my Internet I just purchased an upgrade for a 150mbs in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox is showing 7.45mbs it isn't my Internet I just purchased an upgrade for a 150mbs so when you pay for your internet speed, you purchase it in... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by leacraft, Jul 27, 2021.

1. leacraft
    leacraft Guest

Xbox is showing 7.45mbs it isn't my Internet I just purchased an upgrade for a 150mbs

so when you pay for your internet speed, you purchase it in MegaBITS per second. And when you download a game, the file size and download speed is shown in MegaBYTES per second.

Its the difference between Mbps and MBps.

Theres 8 bits to a byte, so with a DL speed of 150Mbps, your max download youll read while actually downloading something will be closer to 18.75 MBps, minus whatever bandwidth is already being used on the network, minus whatever your wireless signal strength loss is, yadda yadda.

Connect with a patch cord and try to limit what else is being done on the network and youll see closer to 19MBps.

At the ~60 Mbps in your speedtest, your actual download speeds would read closer to 7.5MBps.

:)

leacraft, Jul 27, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try to carry out the solutions below.

Solution 1:

You can also hard reset the Xbox console and its cache. Here is how to do so:

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Solution 2:

If you are using a WIFI connection, try plugging a network cable into your console to see if there are any changes.

Solution 3:

If you are on Xbox Series S/X, make sure there is no game in the quick-resume, this may influence the download rate.

Solution 4:

Go to your Xbox settings, in the general tab click network and internet settings>advanced options>alternative mac address and click clean, restart your console after that.

Solution 5:

Press the Xbox button on your controller.

Go to Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Network Settings.

Select DNS Settings.

Select Manual and enter the following:

Primary 8.8.8.8

Secondary 8.8.4.4
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

The bandwidth your purchase from your ISP has no effect on what other computers are willing or able to deliver to you. There may be many reasons or problems between you that cause a slow download.

Make sure any game is no longer running or in quick resume is usually the first step. The easy way to do this is hard reset your console so the Xbox logo shows on boot from the power section in the guide
  4. Squish51 Win User

so when you pay for your internet speed, you purchase it in MegaBITS per second. And when you download a game, the file size and download speed is shown in MegaBYTES per second.

Its the difference between Mbps and MBps.

Theres 8 bits to a byte, so with a DL speed of 150Mbps, your max download youll read while actually downloading something will be closer to 18.75 MBps, minus whatever bandwidth is already being used on the network, minus whatever your wireless signal strength loss is, yadda yadda.

Connect with a patch cord and try to limit what else is being done on the network and youll see closer to 19MBps.

At the ~60 Mbps in your speedtest, your actual download speeds would read closer to 7.5MBps.
  5. XxAsSxAsSiNxX Win User

Error Status Report!!!

I'm having the same problem, but my internet connection is quite fast more than 150Mb ! I need help please....
  6. Mister Maka Win User

i need help retrieving my microsoft solitaire collection premium upgrade for 1 year

Hey there DirectedEar9963.

To clarify, are you trying to purchase a premium upgrade or have you purchased it previously and it isn't showing for you?
Thema:

1. Xbox is showing 7.45mbs it isn't my Internet I just purchased an upgrade for a 150mbs - Similar Threads - showing 45mbs isn't

2. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  3. Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle claimed but not showing in game

in XBoX on Windows
    Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle claimed but not showing in game: Hello, I recently redeemed the Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle from the Xbox app on the PC. I do not use an actual Xbox. After redeeming the code, my perks that were allegedly going to be...
  4. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  5. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  6. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  7. Xbox One S won't show on my TV.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won't show on my TV.: Tried to play fallout 3 on my Xbox one S, it turns on, but it won't go on my tv, just a black screen. I tried resetting itz I tried unplugging and plugging it back in, I tried powering it on and...
  8. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  9. Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.: I’ve been playing Alan Wake 2 on my Xbox Series X for close to 20 hours now and recently I’ve getting this code 0x803f900e. It will close the game and push me to the Home Screen. It kind just puts...
  10. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8