xbox installer freezes after pressing install and windows store freezes after pressing install

Discus and support xbox installer freezes after pressing install and windows store freezes after pressing install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox app was opening into a blank white screen after opening so I uninstalled it, and after running the xbox app installer and clicking install, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tyrue10, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Tyrue10
    Tyrue10 Guest

xbox installer freezes after pressing install and windows store freezes after pressing install

Xbox app was opening into a blank white screen after opening so I uninstalled it, and after running the xbox app installer and clicking install, the window freezes and doesn't do anything. Tried the automated support and it was no help at all, and all the other forums "fixes" haven't helped at all.

:)

Tyrue10, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Tyrue10 Win User

Reinstalling windows worked for me, thank you for your help.
  3. Tyrue10 Win User

So, I worked through the system file checker, and it said it found and repaired corrupt files, but the original issues still persist.
  4. Tyrue10 Win User

The only apps I have that are xbox related are: "xbox 360 smartglass", "xbox console companion", "xbox game bar", "xbox live" and "xbox one smartglass", so i'm just moving through the system file checker. Will let you know how it works out.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good Morning

The problem comes from an update, the Game Service app is having problems, microsoft published this in an official thread:

"Microsoft has released an update to fix this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Try deleting the Game Services registry keys and reinstalling the Game Services app on your Windows 10 device:

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart the device.

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the application on this page and select Yes when prompted for User Account Control (CCU).

Try installing or starting the game again."

The problem started with this error, and there are several other errors, I advise you to try.

microsoft original text:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...
  6. andersonpassos Win User

if the gaming service any game may cause issue.
Thema:

1. xbox installer freezes after pressing install and windows store freezes after pressing install - Similar Threads - installer freezes pressing

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. All installs stuck at 0.0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    All installs stuck at 0.0%: Starting today I cannot download ANYTHING! Literally not a single thing. No matter the size which my Xbox can't even figure out at this point. Anything I attempt to download stays at 0.0% and the...
  5. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  6. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  7. Minecraft Installer for Launcher Freezes

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer for Launcher Freezes: I bought minecraft for my laptop and when I try and click “install” on the launcher installer, the entire application freezes up. I’ve checked to make sure that I’m logged in to my minecraft...
  8. Game was freezing in same spot so I reset the OS and now my game says it's installed but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game was freezing in same spot so I reset the OS and now my game says it's installed but...: The game is elders scroll V Skyrim anniversary edition. It's been glitching in the same spot lately. So I reset the OS but kept all games and data. The console says my game is installed but when I...
  9. Windows 10 freezes after installing any type of GPU driver.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 freezes after installing any type of GPU driver.: Hi all, I have a HD 7990 which I have just bought. I installed drivers no problem and It ran great until two of the fans stopped and the GPU reached 95 degrees momentarily. I powered down the...
  10. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes: Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain....