Xbox insider hub app - Unspecified Error 0x80004005

Discus and support Xbox insider hub app - Unspecified Error 0x80004005 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to run the xbox insider app for the first time, and receiving unspecified error 0x80004005 I ran the windows troubleshooter and reset the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UsableCypress45, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Xbox insider hub app - Unspecified Error 0x80004005

I'm trying to run the xbox insider app for the first time, and receiving unspecified error 0x80004005

I ran the windows troubleshooter and reset the xbox app, as well as uninstall/restart/reinstall

I attempted all of the troubleshooting here: Troubleshooting Xbox Insider Hub Access Issues

I don't own an xbox, so i can't confirm/deny if this persists on an xbox.

I talked to a support representative and they recommended creating a post so that they could follow up.

:)

UsableCypress45, Jan 25, 2018
  2. Laorne2008
    Laorne2008 Guest
    Win10 Hub Xbox Insider. Impossible to run the app.

Hi,

I'm trying to launch the Hub Xbox Insider on Windows 10, to install Sea Of Thieves and everytime i launch the app, i've got this message :

"Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)"

Same thing with Xbox App !

Any suggestions ?

Thx!

Laorne2008, Jan 25, 2018
  3. AbruptManx89
    AbruptManx89 Guest
    xbox insider-hub (Except from HResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Hey,

I am trying to connect to xbox insider-hub but I get Unspecified error (Except from HResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Do you know have to fix this?

Regards

Robin

AbruptManx89, Jan 25, 2018
  4. XB1R Hypnos
    XB1R Hypnos Guest

Hey UsableCypress45,

Thanks for chatting in today. Please try to access the Xbox App and the Insider Hub again in a few hours as it may be a temporary issue. In the meantime, however, I have reported the errors and the troubleshooting done, and I will follow up with you again
    when I have more information (if you don't report all clear before then).

Thanks!

-Hypnos

XB1R Hypnos, Jan 25, 2018
  5. XB1R Hypnos
    XB1R Hypnos Guest
    Hey UsableCypress45,

I've sent you a direct message to gather more information. Please get back to me when you can. You can check and reply to messages by clicking your Gamertag in the top right corner, and selecting "Messages."

Thanks!

-Hypnos

XB1R Hypnos, Nov 2, 2018
  6. XB1R Hypnos Win User

Hey UsableCypress45,

I've sent you a direct message to gather more information. Please get back to me when you can. You can check and reply to messages by clicking your Gamertag in the top right corner, and selecting "Messages."

Thanks!

-Hypnos
  7. XB1R Hypnos Win User

Hey UsableCypress45,

Thanks for chatting in today. Please try to access the Xbox App and the Insider Hub again in a few hours as it may be a temporary issue. In the meantime, however, I have reported the errors and the troubleshooting done, and I will follow up with you again
    when I have more information (if you don't report all clear before then).

Thanks!

-Hypnos
  8. CausedDolphin86 Win User

Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Open PowerShell as Admin and type this command in and problem solved here! Thanks so much!

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  9. Benjam1989 Win User

Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Ok so I originally removed the store from windows, I did this to re install it:

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators and now everything works fine.
  10. Benjam1989 Win User

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Xbox insider hub app - Unspecified Error 0x80004005 - Similar Threads - insider hub app

2. Xbox insider hub level up problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub level up problem: So i was getting xp at the xbox insider and i leveld up and i cant update my xbox to the next preview it doesn't show me a new preview to select submitted by /u/Ok_Victory4109 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  4. Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub: So, I want to try out dev mode because it can let me try UWP apps, but I don't know how to know if I'm out of xbox insider hub as I heard it can ruin your Xbox and one time it actually did, my...
  5. Game hubs are available now for Xbox Insiders on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Game hubs are available now for Xbox Insiders on PC: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Insider Program 10th Anniversary Hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Program 10th Anniversary Hub: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app

in XboX Insiders
    cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app: any reason the "windows gaming program" isnt showing up on my hub? currently trying to link my xbox to my pc while streaming so i can use obs studios, windows 11 submitted by...
  8. Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?: Happy New Years, everyone! I wish you a great 2024. I was chilling out a few days ago when I found a Minecraft Bedrock Edition seed that is just crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RwlN2-mhE...
  9. Xbox MasterCard, issues with joining in the insiders hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox MasterCard, issues with joining in the insiders hub: Hi all, I have the MasterCard showing in my Xbox insiders hub. However every time I join it to try and apply it goes to "pending". And the about 30 minutes later it's back under available instead...
  10. Xbox insider hub app broken after update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub app broken after update.: Anyone else's hub app broken after the current alpha skip update? An error popped up when opening, tried uninstalling and keep getting installation stopped. submitted by /u/yikesmyguy7392...