Xbox in Preview program failed update and OSUDT2 wont work

Discus and support Xbox in Preview program failed update and OSUDT2 wont work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Support I hope someone can help me with an answer. Today I received a 2 GB update to my Xbox, as it is part of the preview program. During this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XenturionxTc, Oct 29, 2015.

1. XenturionxTc
    XenturionxTc Guest

Hi Support

I hope someone can help me with an answer.

Today I received a 2 GB update to my Xbox, as it is part of the preview program.

During this update, the Xbox was stuck at the screen for "Preparing update" for 4 hours (about 75 to 80 percent according to Progress bar).

I had to turn off the Xbox, and when it comes back on, it will not load beyond the green startup screen.

I have searched the internet, and found that I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

Some people has had luck using the offline diagnostic tool, to get back into the system.

I have downloaded, extracted and tried this process as well, but sadly it gives an error code of : E101 00000504 8B050041

I have also tried having the Xbox run the green startup screen for an hour, hoping it might somehow resolve the issue by itself.

I used to Work as a system administrator, so I know that I have unpacked and placed the files correctly.

I wonder if this issue is caused by members of the preview program, having to download a different version of the OSUDT file, than the publicly offered OSUDT2 file.

I hope someone that sees this post can tell me how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.

:)

XenturionxTc, Oct 29, 2015
  2. Xbox Preview Program

Osudt2 won't work my build is not listed because of preview program

MagicMike1038, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Preview Program

i was enrolled into the preview program. My console recently crashed and customer support had me reset to factory settings. Now my console wont update becauspossibly an issue with my recent preview program and vanilla program. Help?

xDragonSla3ryx, Oct 29, 2015
  4. gameguy682
    gameguy682 Guest

I've just had this exact problem. I download the system format file (on the page where you download the OSUDT file) and it work. The most interesting part is that it put me in the new dashboard. Sure I had to reinstall some games, but it's better than having
    to send in your console.

gameguy682, Oct 29, 2015
  5. mowfaster
    mowfaster Guest
    mine had to update when i got off work tonight, and im also a preview member, it was about a 1,122 mb update. it downloaded all the way, but when it went to install it got about 80% done and just stayed there. after about an hour i tried to turn it off
    and do a restart, now its stuck on the green screen, so i called microsoft and she told me she didnt know what would work for me since im a preview member, she had me try the reboot thing, and that didnt work, and i don't want to do the other thing because
    i currently don't have a thumbdrive handy, so i hope someone in here can tell me what to do, have tons of money infested in games, and went through this crap with the 360 ring of death, ended up buying 4 360's in the end, and dont want to do that with the
    xbox one

mowfaster, Oct 29, 2015
  6. mowfaster
    mowfaster Guest
    check that, its working again, lol

mowfaster, Oct 29, 2015
  7. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest
    Hey guys. Anything involving the preview program should be posted in the preview forums:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Before you run the offline update diagnostic, hold the Xbox logo to turn the console off, then unplug the power cord from the back for 5 minutes. Try again, but let it sit on the green screen for up to 15 minutes. I also don't believe the OSUDT2 file will
    work with the preview, but the reset to defaults file should work.

Kenny H., Oct 31, 2018
  8. mowfaster Win User

check that, its working again, lol
  9. mowfaster Win User

mine had to update when i got off work tonight, and im also a preview member, it was about a 1,122 mb update. it downloaded all the way, but when it went to install it got about 80% done and just stayed there. after about an hour i tried to turn it off
    and do a restart, now its stuck on the green screen, so i called microsoft and she told me she didnt know what would work for me since im a preview member, she had me try the reboot thing, and that didnt work, and i don't want to do the other thing because
    i currently don't have a thumbdrive handy, so i hope someone in here can tell me what to do, have tons of money infested in games, and went through this crap with the 360 ring of death, ended up buying 4 360's in the end, and dont want to do that with the
    xbox one
  10. Kenny H. Win User

Hey guys. Anything involving the preview program should be posted in the preview forums:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Before you run the offline update diagnostic, hold the Xbox logo to turn the console off, then unplug the power cord from the back for 5 minutes. Try again, but let it sit on the green screen for up to 15 minutes. I also don't believe the OSUDT2 file will
    work with the preview, but the reset to defaults file should work.
  11. gameguy682 Win User

I've just had this exact problem. I download the system format file (on the page where you download the OSUDT file) and it work. The most interesting part is that it put me in the new dashboard. Sure I had to reinstall some games, but it's better than having
    to send in your console.
  12. MagicMike1038 Win User

Xbox Preview Program

Osudt2 won't work my build is not listed because of preview program
Thema:

1. Xbox in Preview program failed update and OSUDT2 wont work - Similar Threads - Preview program failed

2. Too many updates and I'm not in the preview program

in XBoX on Windows
    Too many updates and I'm not in the preview program: Every time I open my X box 1, it takes multiple hours to get through all the updates and by the time they finish, Minecraft has a 20 minute long update it needs to complete and often still doesn't...
  3. Xbox Insiders program / Preview Alpha ?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders program / Preview Alpha ?: I was invited to Preview Alpha, but I have no clue what to do, how do I become an alpha member?. submitted by /u/FoughtTube5091 [link] [comments]
  4. Poorly Timed Forced Preview Program Updates

in XboX Insiders
    Poorly Timed Forced Preview Program Updates: So I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this before or not, and if they have feel free to delete this I suppose. But for the second time in two weeks I've had my Xbox force me to update it...
  5. Is there a preview program that supports custom themes?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a preview program that supports custom themes?: I'd like to get a custom theme for my profile and I'm new here so I'm sorry if this has already been asked/explained submitted by /u/Baaaaay_b [link] [comments]
  6. I enrolled in the Insider Program Preview ring (Beta I think) and then my Xbox One Series X...

in XboX Insiders
    I enrolled in the Insider Program Preview ring (Beta I think) and then my Xbox One Series X...: I was on the phone with Xbox support for over three hours today. Let me just say, I’ve been in the insider program for Xbox One since it started. Never once had an issue on my original Xbox one. I...
  7. Is the preview program from back on the Xbox one the same as Xbox insiders?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the preview program from back on the Xbox one the same as Xbox insiders?: I’m curious about this, because years ago I had a friend invite me to the preview program on the Xbox one, but I never accepted it, I didn’t even get the actual invite sent to me. I’ve never...
  8. Does leaving the xbox preview program reset your xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Does leaving the xbox preview program reset your xbox?: Leaving the xbox preview program, does it reset your xbox? submitted by /u/Green_Cry_2778 [link] [comments]
  9. Omega update on the xbox preview program

in XboX Insiders
    Omega update on the xbox preview program: I've been for more than a week in omega and still haven't gotten any update, does someone know how long it takes to get or how to get it?, I need this update, 2k22 on the xbox series x keeps...
  10. Rejoining the alpha preview program

in XboX Insiders
    Rejoining the alpha preview program: I had left the preview program to fix a problem and now I can’t rejoin alpha? How do I get back in? submitted by /u/loudmaryjane [link] [comments]