Xbox Home/Gold/APP Question

Discus and support Xbox Home/Gold/APP Question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A bit of a question between friends recently raised the question of what setting an xbox as home really does. To my understanding it is basically... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XTROUBLESHOOTXx, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Xbox Home/Gold/APP Question

A bit of a question between friends recently raised the question of what setting an xbox as home really does. To my understanding it is basically saying I own this console and all purchases should then be viable to use from other accounts on the console set as home from the main account. Although with that said if they took the “secondary accounts” and put them on another console it would not be able to access the previous “main” account’s games and purchases.

With this said, I am now being told that if those accounts are on the “main” account’s xbox that is set as home, they are able to use the xbox app with gold privileges.

• Is this true?

•What is your experience?

• Doesn’t xbox state that this shouldn’t be possible or previously wasn’t due to the “secondary” accounts are not given privileges on a console that isn’t a home console of an account with gold?

If the Xbox App party feature can be used without gold, how long has it been this way?

I also want to make a remark to clarify that I am aware of the new xbox live “policy” going into place that makes free to play games playable and xbox live parties joinable without xbox live gold; Everything above is referencing to previous xbox live history prior to this as it is going into place in the xbox insiders program.

Thanks for reading or any responses.

:)

XTROUBLESHOOTXx, Mar 27, 2021
  2. XGN Zilther Win User

Doubt Home Gold

Hello Dofusyosi,

By "Home Gold" I assume you are refering to sharing Gold status to other accounts by setting an Xbox as the "Home Xbox" through Settings > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

The gold sharing does only qualify on the Xbox that the account in question has set as it's home Xbox. Any other consoles would be unable to receive the shared Gold status, even if the profile was logged into another Console.

I hope I was able to answer your question, if not, provide any other information you have and I'll see what I can do about your question farther.

Thanks,

Zilther
  3. UnrealIncognito Win User

Xbox home gold question

All you need to do is set his account as the home xbox (primary account) you'll both get gold access then and be able to use the same content.

Hope this helps :)
  4. marcd220 Win User

Xbox home gold question

Are cool thanks one more question any idea how to change primary accounts
  5. ngocphi Win User

Backwards Compatibility Cannot Login to Xbox Live

Here is a question what game is it

Remember some games have discontinued thier private servers

This is dependent onnthe publisher

Also is your account have gold or is it home gold

Home gold only applies to xbox one games
  6. onyxishere Win User

Home Gold Question

Ok, to optimize the use of your Gold and games on both consoles you should consider the following set up.

1. Move the console that is in your Den to the Living Room and add the other gamertags to your Family from the Settings Menu.

2. Take the console from the Living Room and put it in your Den for your use. Do not set this console as your Home console or the family members will lose access to Gold.

This works best if you purchase games and content digitally on your account. This way if you purchase a game on the console in the Den it will automatically download to your Home console in the Living Room.

If you choose to keep your Home console in the Den then you would need to purchase another Gold membership for the tag that is set as Home on the console in the Living Room.
Thema:

Xbox Home/Gold/APP Question

1. Xbox Home/Gold/APP Question - Similar Threads - Home Gold APP

2. Home Xbox/Xbox gold sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Home Xbox/Xbox gold sharing: Hello there I'm having Abit of a problem and it is that whenever I try to play like an online game it won't let me even though I own the game and I have my brother's account on my Xbox set to my...
  3. Another home xbox issue with gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another home xbox issue with gold: Hi, so i have tried reading multiple threads now but cannot get the solution i need. I have 2 xboxes and i want to coop play with my kid using both. I have 1 gold subcription on my user and have...
  4. Why is my Home xbox not sharing gold with gamepass ultimate?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Home xbox not sharing gold with gamepass ultimate?: Hi there, Last night I was playing GTA 5, I'll spare you the details but I joined a party then my general location got leaked, my internet got turned off and now my xbox gold isnt working....
  5. If I have Xbox gold and game pass on my account on my home xbox, will it be on any other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have Xbox gold and game pass on my account on my home xbox, will it be on any other...: If I have Xbox gold and game pass on my account on my home xbox, will it be on any other non home xbox i sign into c6485b9b-e6ae-4a0b-8bc0-31d3201b9771
  6. Xbox Live Gold access on single 'home' Xbox Series S for family member

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold access on single 'home' Xbox Series S for family member: I have what feels like it should be a simple set up. New Xbox Series S machine set as my Home Xbox. Family account set up so that my son has his own profile. I have purchased Game Pass Ultimate...
  7. People using My Home Xbox are no longer recieving the Gold Benefits

in XBoX Accessibility
    People using My Home Xbox are no longer recieving the Gold Benefits: I pay for Game Pass Ultimate on my account(). My dad has my gameshare so he can play games like Madden and Forza. Recently he has not been able to access parts of Madden that require Gold. I’ve...
  8. Home xbox is not sharing xbox live gold.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home xbox is not sharing xbox live gold.: So I tried to put my Friends account on home xbox in my account, when I put the account on home xbox it says its good but when i try to play games with him, it says i dont have gold, can someone...
  9. xbox live gold access on home console profiles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox live gold access on home console profiles: I have xbox live gold and it works fine on my profile. I have set up home console so my son can use Gold too, if needed, and I do have age restrictions in place for him. When he plays Destiny 2...
  10. My Home Xbox Gold Transfer Questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Home Xbox Gold Transfer Questions: Hello, I have two questions. I know that if you have Xbox Live Gold on an account and add it as your console's home account, the Xbox Live Gold will also be on the other accounts in the same...