Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help

Discus and support Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I got a steel series 3 Arctic headset brand new However those on Xbox hear me muffled but if they join the party on Xbox app on their phone I sound... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Ffizzzy12, Aug 26, 2021.

1. /u/Ffizzzy12
    /u/Ffizzzy12 Guest

I got a steel series 3 Arctic headset brand new However those on Xbox hear me muffled but if they join the party on Xbox app on their phone I sound perfectly fine my controller isn’t a issue neither the Xbox , I’m on the series x I need to resolve the issue the microphone sounds fine on other devices but when speaking to another person on Xbox it’s muffled but if they on phone it sounds fine I’m so lost help please .

submitted by /u/Ffizzzy12
    [link] [comments]

/u/Ffizzzy12, Aug 26, 2021
  2. DBD WARRI0R Win User

Mic echo

sometimes theres an issue with the connection between speaker and mic in the headset itself, like its too sensitive, or the ear muffs arent strong enough to muffle the speaker volume. If others are hearing an echo but you're not, the headset volume may
    be turned up a notch too high. Or, if your mic came with a boom cover (little foam bit on the end of a microphone), be sure to use it. Won't fix the sound completely, if the issue is poor noise suppression in the headphones, but can help muffle it.
  3. Arminator Win User

Optical Cables

As the others already suggest, I'd doubt that the muffled sound comes from the optical cable.

Since the sound data is transmitted digitally through the cable, it either works, or does not work.

Anything "in between" would result in loud scratching, static noise or similar sound drop outs.

It's not possible for a digital signal to become "muffled".

So try to use your Astro headset on a different device just for testing if possible. I very much suspect, that the issue is on the headset itself, if sound is muffled.
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

Hi,

If all 4 controllers not working with your headset on the console, i suggest you to try the headset with one controller on your computer.

If the microphone still not working, you will be sure its the headset the issue, if the microphone works, meaning you probably put a wrong settings into the Xbox so i suggest you to double check all audio settings >

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

Regards
  5. HRC Boosted Win User

Turtle Beach PX3 Sound Quality Issues

It's definitely a muffled noise, I compare the sounds coming from the headset to the sounds coming straight through my TV. The TV sound quality is very crisp and clear, while the headset quality seems to be far away, muffled and sometimes distorted.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

Hello, David my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I understand your frustration with your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset not having microphone monitoring working on your Xbox Series X. It's important to troubleshoot further before assuming hardware failure.

Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the microphone monitoring issue on your Xbox Series X:

Update your Xbox and headset:

Xbox: Ensure your Xbox Series X is running the latest software update. Go to Settings > System > Updates and downloads.
    Headset: Download and install the latest firmware update for your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset through the Turtle Beach Audio Hub app.

Double-check your settings:

Xbox:
    Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset.
    Ensure "Microphone" is enabled and adjust the "Microphone monitoring" level to your preferred setting.
    Headset:
    Check the headset's audio controls for any mute buttons or volume adjustments that might be affecting the microphone.

Test your microphone:

Use the built-in microphone test feature on your Xbox to ensure your microphone is working properly. Go to Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories. Select your headset and choose "Test microphone."

Disconnect and reconnect your headset:

Turn off your Xbox Series X and completely unplug your headset.
    Wait for a minute, then plug your headset back in and turn on your Xbox.

Try a different controller or headset:

If possible, try using a different controller or headset to see if the microphone monitoring issue persists. This can help you isolate the problem to your headset or controller.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help - Similar Threads - headset microphone issues

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  4. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...
  6. Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting: Microphone not working or detecting Brought a new headset called the razer blackshark v2 X that has a 3.5mm jack connectivity the audio work just fine but mic does not, discord isn't detecting...
  7. I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox: I have a 75% hear loss in my left ear and I can not use a regular headset. The bones in my ears work but the drum is deformed. I have discovered conduction headsets that send sound through my...
  8. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  9. Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...: I bought a brand new Xbox Headset with the jack 3.5mm connection, thinking that was possible to plug it into the Xbox Controller paired via bluetooth to my PC. I found out that to use the Xbox...
  10. Headset Microphone Issues since Xbox UI update was pushed

in XboX Insiders
    Headset Microphone Issues since Xbox UI update was pushed: I'm just curious if anyone else has experience any mic cut out or just completely stop working. Noticed it the other day thought I was due a new headset. Then last night I was on for around 1hr 30...