Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute

Discus and support Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LukeLesisko, Jun 5, 2020.

1. LukeLesisko
    LukeLesisko Guest

My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not produce sound through the headset. I tried using another
    adapter but it did the same exact thing. I also tried using a different controller and it still does not work. Any help?

:)

LukeLesisko, Jun 5, 2020
  2. SABDOM Win User

3. darrenletchford Win User

I have the same problem litreally today.

i have had my headset for around 2 years, turtle beaches theyve worked perfectly with my xbox and the adapter but all of a sudden stop working the mute button is constantly on i press the button its still on. I even took the headset out and its still on
    really dont know what to do i even updated my controller ???
  4. LukeLesisko Win User

That is not the problem the problem is I can’t unmute the adapter or hear sound
  5. TheeRedSurge Win User

I know I have had this issue also. Make sure your headset adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your stereo headset’s 3.5mm cable is securely plugged into the adapter. Also make sure the jack in the controller
    is free from obstruction. Sometimes lint and other debries gets in there and will not allow the adaptor to firmly place. Finally check the adapter moulding. Sometimes a manufacturing defect will cause the adaptor not fully place in the jack. I have in the
    past used a dremmel to ware down a defect to allow an adaptor to fully connect. If nothing else works, contact the manufacturer and see if they have a solution or if you can return the item for a replacement.
  6. discreetdomo565 Win User

The headset may not be compatible with xbox like some astro headsets are only comparable with pc and ps4
Thema:

1. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute - Similar Threads - Headset adapter stuck

2. Headset fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset fixing: I play on Xbox series x and I bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear the game itself. I know about the chat mixer but that...
  3. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  4. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  5. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  6. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  7. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  8. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  9. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  10. I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox: I have a 75% hear loss in my left ear and I can not use a regular headset. The bones in my ears work but the drum is deformed. I have discovered conduction headsets that send sound through my...