Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating

Discus and support Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by donajello, Jun 1, 2020.

1. donajello
    donajello Guest

My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not produce sound through the headset. I tried using another adapter
    but it did the same exact thing. I also tried using a different controller and it still does not work. Any help?

:)

donajello, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Mr daffypyle Win User

Try this:

Unplug headset, turn off controller and plug in headset and turn controller on again.

Examine and clean your Xbox hardware

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Examine the headset, the cord, and the connector for visible defects.
    2. Make sure that no dirt or debris is on the headset connector. To clean the connector, use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.
    3. Verify that your Xbox One Controller operates correctly. Verify that you can use the controller to turn on and turn off the console.
    4. Firmly insert the Xbox One Chat Headset connector into the expansion port that is under the directional pad (D-pad) and the right stick on the controller

Test the headset

To do this, start a party (requires connectivity) to test the audio. To do this:

1. Say “Xbox, go to a party.” Or, select My Games and Apps, then select Party.
    2. Select Start a Party.

Note You don’t need to invite anyone to your party.
    3. Select Turn on Party Chat.
    4. Make sure your headset is not muted (make sure the orange LED light next to the Mute button is not on).
    5. Make sure the volume is turned up.
    6. Speak into the microphone.
    If your headset is working, you will see the green dot next to your name light up. If your chat headset is still does not working, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
  3. BobbyLevesque Win User

Headset Adapter Problems

My headset is permanently stuck on mute. No matter what I do it will not unmute. Ive powered off the controller, pulled the adapter in and out, restarted the system...nothing fixes it. This all happened after the latest system update.
  4. BKWDESIGN-bkw Win User

X Box One Controller is muted

Our xbox one controllers stopped working with the stereo headset (just the mic) all simultaneously.

We tried plugging it into the 3.5 mm jack. None of my 3 controllers worked after having worked fine for months. All updated to latest firmware.

I tested the headset on my iphone and the mic was fine there- I could record voice memos with no problems

went to GameStop and spent $50 for the stereo headset adapter, and that allowed the mic to work again for another 30 days.

Now the mic is stuck on mute again, the headset adapter’s slashmark icon stays lit
  5. TripleAce X Win User

xbox one controller adapter for headset not working

My X1 headset adapter stopped working on 10/27. No mute light and no mic getting to Xbox. The mic works, I can hear it in the headphones, but it's not getting through adapter. I tried updating controllers, but they didn't update.

I went out and bought another X1 headset adapter, controller auto updated, new adapter works fine, old one still doesn't. Too soon for this stuff to brake down. I want warranty or reimbursement to kick in here. Help!
  6. SABDOM Win User

Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute

Thema:

1. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating - Similar Threads - Headset adapter stuck

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Headset fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset fixing: I play on Xbox series x and I bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear the game itself. I know about the chat mixer but that...
  4. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  5. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  7. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  8. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  9. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  10. I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox: I have a 75% hear loss in my left ear and I can not use a regular headset. The bones in my ears work but the drum is deformed. I have discovered conduction headsets that send sound through my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one headset adapter mute light on

2. xbox one headset adapter stuck on mute