Xbox headphone jack problem

Discus and support Xbox headphone jack problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few days ago, my headphone jack broke on my Xbox controller, the controller and console are updated, I can talk through the microphone but I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lix3r, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Lix3r
    Lix3r Guest

A few days ago, my headphone jack broke on my Xbox controller, the controller and console are updated, I can talk through the microphone but I can't hear a thing, I reset the console multiple times, I tried to toothpick trick and nothing works, any ideas?

:)

Lix3r, Aug 2, 2021
  2. isp0tz Win User

Scratchy/Distorted System Sounds after Summer Update

I have the same problem when using a headphone through the controller headphone jack.
  3. 1JayMax Win User

FADED/MUFFLED HEADSET AUDIO

Might there be a problem with your headphone jack?
  4. ngocphi Win User

my headphones are not recognised on my xbox

Are you talking about a USB based one or a 3.5mm jack head phone

If USB based then it has to be xbox compatible from your description it's a computer based usb one as headphone jacks donr need to be recognized and only made for xbox headphones work with the console either with port or syncing

If 3.5mm jack when try inserting the jack

Should.be noted if the jack wire is flayed you will have aloe of problems
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Have you tried to use a different controller to check if the issue is the controller itself?
  6. ryan 8353 Win User

The headphones do not work anymore

hi federico i had same problem on 2 xbox one controllers no sound coming through headsets.go into audio settings and find headphone chat mix sliderif not there its a problem with the headphone jack port.i sent 2 controllers back 2 microsoft for exchange
    because of this fault with the jack port. hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox headphone jack problem - Similar Threads - headphone jack problem

2. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  3. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  4. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  5. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  6. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  7. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  8. Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?: Hello. I recently acquired a Xbox Series S/X controller to use on Android for mobile games and GamePass. I know for a fact that the 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack doesn't work via bluetooth, as...
  9. Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maybe a headphone Jack problem possibly a different problem: One day one of my headphones had stopped connecting to my controller, but I can tell it is acknowledging it being plugged in. This headphone works on every device besides the Xbox controller. I...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...