Xbox has been acting weird, sometimes games and dashboard become unresponsive

Discus and support Xbox has been acting weird, sometimes games and dashboard become unresponsive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I noticed my xbox one x was acting weird. After playing Read Dead Redemption 2 for a few hours, the game started acting funny. I could still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PowerNapper13, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Xbox has been acting weird, sometimes games and dashboard become unresponsive

Recently I noticed my xbox one x was acting weird. After playing Read Dead Redemption 2 for a few hours, the game started acting funny. I could still walk around, but I could not interact with anything or anyone. When I pressed the Xbox button on my controller,
    the menu seemed sluggish and also let me move the cursor, but nothing happened when pressing any buttons. This has happened a couple times since then.

My xbox is also having trouble streaming to my windows computer. After a few minutes, it became unresponsive, so I exited out of the stream on my PC and then my PC could no longer connect to the xbox.

Today I noticed that without even playing any games, the dashboard was freezing up. I did a manual reset by holding down the power button, and when it turned back on the One X start-up intro began, then the screen went black for about 1 minute, then the
    dashboard appeared like nothing happened. Is this a known issue, and how can I troubleshoot or fix it?

:)

PowerNapper13, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Zero Jehuty Win User

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and a different HDMI port?
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more
    than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  5. CrestedAsteroid Win User

I dont know what to say exactly to the games not reponding. However, if your dashboard is not responding or is lagging hold LT, RT, and Y all at the same time and it should refresh the same as if you pressed F5 on a website
  6. PowerNapper13 Win User

I did this. I reinstalled the OS today and it didnt seem to help. At first it wouldn’t download it (it stopped at exactly 50% like 4 times in a row) so I downloaded it on my PC and then installed it on the xbox from a USB. It was working before I left
    for school, and now it wont really even turn on. The light on the front turns on, but no output out of the HDMI to my TV, and then it just shuts off... cant even use it.
Thema:

1. Xbox has been acting weird, sometimes games and dashboard become unresponsive - Similar Threads - has been acting

2. Has there been a game like this?

in XboX Insiders
    Has there been a game like this?: Hey Xbox insiders and Xbox developers on the inside. I have a somewhat a legitimate question (after having a bottle wine and a few hits off this vape pen). And having had the first Xbox in middle...
  3. Xbox Store Wish List has been erased

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Store Wish List has been erased: Issue: 200+ items from wish list have vanished and did not return despite reports of issue being fixed and restored Consoles tested: One X (2408.240306-2200), Series X (2402.240207-1700) Ring:...
  4. Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?: Recently me and a few other players have been comm banned for posting " Looking for group " post on the xbox network and people have been spam reporting them and xbox has just been comm banning...
  5. Xbox series X has been broken since release

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has been broken since release: I’m very frustrated by this. No games or apps will load so I’ll power cycle the Xbox. Unplug the leads and wait. Go to turn it back on and my controller isn’t synced. Try to use the Xbox series...
  6. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...
  7. As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.: I use it frequently (bought a game yesterday, in fact) and had around 50 games on there. Not only that, but I can't even add new games to create a new one. Will it restore automatically, or am I...
  8. Can you view who has seen your clip that has been uploaded to your activity feed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you view who has seen your clip that has been uploaded to your activity feed?: I have 18 views on a clip and I want to know who has seen it. Any way? 1ac66c63-78f7-4529-92b2-3d445c3c564d
  9. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  10. How to appeal against Enforcement act that has been Wrongfully placed on account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to appeal against Enforcement act that has been Wrongfully placed on account: So i came on tonight to my account being Communication banned thanks to my Ex girlfriend, the action ends on the 6th December yet i feel as if this is an Unjustified action against me after she...