Xbox Hardrive Setup

Discus and support Xbox Hardrive Setup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so to start off I have the XBOX 360 4gb Slim model and have had it for around a year. Recently I decided to get Battlefield 4. I then realized i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SLOKO98, Jan 6, 2014.

1. SLOKO98
    SLOKO98 Guest

Xbox Hardrive Setup

Ok so to start off I have the XBOX 360 4gb Slim model and have had it for around a year. Recently I decided to get Battlefield 4. I then realized i need a hard drive to play it because the game REQUIRES an installation to an xbox hard drive. So
    I bought an xbox 360 20gb hard drive from game-stop. I then realized that the hard drive I got was for the OLD xbox 360 and would not work with my slim. I then proceeded to the internet for help. I basically took the core hard drive out of the “case” and
    decided to buy a Slim case online. Then I became impatient and decided to try hooking it up through the usb port because quoting my father “its a hard drive it should work” after i reconfigured the hard drive to a usb storage device i tried and battlefield
    wouldn’t let me download through the usb. Then i decided “to heck with it” and plugged it straight into the bottom of the xbox not caring that it would be hard to get back out without the slim case. What i didn't realize what that when i set it up through
    the usb port it RECONFIGURED the hard drive to a usb storage device meaning the xbox wouldn't recognize it in the hard drive port. Is there any way that i can reconfigure the hard drive to a state where it will be recognized through the hard drive port AS
    a licensed Hard Drive that battlefield 4 will download too?

Thanks

:)

SLOKO98, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Which Xbox One model would be best 4 me?

Currently it would be hard to find an Xbox One with a hardrive with more than 500GB, that being said you should invest in either an external hardrive or a new hardrive with at least a 1TB.

LightningRaines, Jan 6, 2014
  3. I can't play original games on Xbox

Hassassinade? is there a difference between what you are calling and original xbox 360 hardrive and a 250G hardrive for the 360s(newer model)?

DetectiveFUZZYz, Jan 6, 2014
  4. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest

Xbox Hardrive Setup

Unfortunately the actions you have taken are against EULA (modifying equipment by removing from case) and cannot be discussed in these forums. Only official Microsoft drives intended for the appropriate models for which they were designed can be discussed
    here, even if there was a way to make it function.

dlCHIEF58, Jan 6, 2014
  5. From section 1.9 xbox live user agreement

“You agree that we have the right to send data, applications, or other content to any software or hardware you are using to access the services, for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device.”

big brother says just because you paid us for it once doesn't mean you get to keep using it.

no1silverwolf, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Gamestop should have asked your model before selling you that drive. You can get up to and including 32gb flash drive that would have worked even better.

You can have up to two external thumb drives. Good Luck.

David RomanDaniels, Oct 31, 2018
  7. David RomanDaniels Win User

Xbox Hardrive Setup

Gamestop should have asked your model before selling you that drive. You can get up to and including 32gb flash drive that would have worked even better.

You can have up to two external thumb drives. Good Luck.
  8. no1silverwolf Win User

Xbox Hardrive Setup

From section 1.9 xbox live user agreement

“You agree that we have the right to send data, applications, or other content to any software or hardware you are using to access the services, for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device.”

big brother says just because you paid us for it once doesn't mean you get to keep using it.
  9. dlCHIEF58 Win User

Xbox Hardrive Setup

Unfortunately the actions you have taken are against EULA (modifying equipment by removing from case) and cannot be discussed in these forums. Only official Microsoft drives intended for the appropriate models for which they were designed can be discussed
    here, even if there was a way to make it function.
  10. LightningRaines Win User

Which Xbox One model would be best 4 me?

Currently it would be hard to find an Xbox One with a hardrive with more than 500GB, that being said you should invest in either an external hardrive or a new hardrive with at least a 1TB.
  11. DetectiveFUZZYz Win User

I can't play original games on Xbox

Hassassinade? is there a difference between what you are calling and original xbox 360 hardrive and a 250G hardrive for the 360s(newer model)?
Thema:

Xbox Hardrive Setup

1. Xbox Hardrive Setup - Similar Threads - Hardrive Setup

2. Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup: I have a pretty niche audio setup with Xbox that's worked great for me for ages with Xbox party chat. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Discord on Xbox which is frustrating when I'm playing with...
  3. Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...: I just finished up setup and it does show a picture anymore. Is there a manually reset to factory so I can redo setup again. 3f91513d-d3f0-4531-9865-55a2276461b3
  4. Razor controller setup for Xbox not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razor controller setup for Xbox not working: The app won’t update when controller plugged in just stuck at 0% 12a45222-049e-4ffd-8172-96ba6b02350f
  5. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  6. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  7. How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?: How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive? 296f134f-438e-418f-82be-9e1d082c657c
  8. Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...: I recently turned on my old Xbox 360 after 6 years and found out that I had a bunch of achievements from games I used to have, I would like to know if there is a way I can merge/ bring my gamer...
  9. My hardrive doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My hardrive doesn’t connect: Basically one day I turn on my Xbox series x and in my games and apps it shows and barely any games and no space because my hard drive isn’t connected even though it’s connected in its shows that...
  10. XBOXONE External Hardrive connection weak

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOXONE External Hardrive connection weak: I have a sea gate external drive that I’ve used on my Xbox one series S for a year now. After the most recent Xbox update my external drive is giving the error “We see your external storage but...