Xbox gold boycott

Discus and support Xbox gold boycott in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As a paying member of Xbox live for the last 12+ years. I have let my gold subscription lapse. I will no longer renew or pay for a subscription to your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WiryRed Dragon, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Xbox gold boycott

As a paying member of Xbox live for the last 12+ years. I have let my gold subscription lapse. I will no longer renew or pay for a subscription to your service as long as I see trident Ads, or any ads for that matter on my dashboard. And I am speaking with
    my money. This is a gaming console I paid money for, a service I was paying money for. But further more. (This part is for the companies buying ad space)

I will be bycptting all products showing advertising unrealated to gaming on my Xbox!

Seriously we need to rise up and start speaking with our vote. Our vote is our money! I may be only one man, but I'm no longer supporting corporate greed and double dipping.

Either give me an option to remove myself from your ads or lose a paying customer till it's done.

:)

WiryRed Dragon, Oct 11, 2017
  2. Daniel6591
    Daniel6591 Guest
    BOYCOTT BLACK-OPS II MULTIPLAYER

Just like the battlefield 3 boycott and the mw3 boycott, this boycott will also fail. Go ahead and try though.

Daniel6591, Oct 11, 2017
  3. L1nko64
    L1nko64 Guest
    "Dragon's Dogma" Developer Tries To Kill Herself In The Face Of Alleged Capcom Cruelty

Boycotts don't work. *Recalls the L4D2, Mw2 boycotts of few years ago*

L1nko64, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Xbox gold boycott

Why the sudden stand? There have been adverts on the dashboard since the 360 days, well over 10 years now.

I don't disagree with your stance but I'm curious as to why now after 12 years of seeing them?

Zen Like Calm, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    I understand not wanting to see ads on a service you pay for, but at the same time, I barely notice them.

Smwutches, Oct 11, 2017
  6. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    So I assume you will also be boycotting cable TV service, magazines, public transportation, airports, US highways, the Internet as a whole, and the US postal service? (just to name a very small list).

BrianGunter, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    I guess then you'll probably going over to the Nintendo Switch because as far as I know that's the only console of this generation that has no adverts on the dashboard.

Have fun, its a great system with a tonne of amazing games.

Shaggy2000, Oct 12, 2017
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Xbox gold boycott

I haven't seen a non-gaming ad on my console in years. What type of ads are you on about?

brandiesel1, Oct 12, 2017
  9. There's one for the new Planet of the Apes movie on the Home section of the 360 Dashboard, which isn't about gaming. Nothing on the Home section of Xbox One dash though.

In fairness though I do occasionally see food and drink ads show up on the 360 home screen but I don't recall the last time I saw something on the One.

Zen Like Calm, Oct 12, 2017
  10. I am curious on the new dashboard/home screen tested on preview right now. Seems it being more how I want it - pinned stuff right under what you play last etc.

I've turned off various options to participate with Microsofts investigations or whatever it was called - don't see much of other than MS promoting their own stuff like Gold, which I am not a member of - nor will be - ever as a payed service. But how this
    inflict on not seeing 3rd party ads - don't know. It's really bad if MS pushed that on subscribers on a payed service.

But Xbox store is a jungle when it comes to ads - it's like some american magazines I've subscribed to over the years - almost hard to find real articles in between. And same article spread over a number of places so you must browse pages a lot.

I think MS see spinoff stuff to Xbox for music and films etc. On 360 even they destroyed store in you always get all media - never just games you searched for.

Search works for X1 Store to just get games - but does not save what was last used - you always start on all media. Even though I never search for apps, music or films.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 12, 2017
  11. ^This, this... this. I'm old enough to remember when people got cable TV just because it had a good signal and no ads. I can remember when people went on rampages when they found out there would be ads on their cable TV and the threat of boycotts ran rampant.
    Go right ahead OP, boycott away. If you'd like a prediction of what your actions will accomplish, I'll refer you to companies like Comcast, Time Warner, Charter...

A Blue Illusion, Nov 1, 2018
  12. Zen Like Calm Win User

Xbox gold boycott

I haven't seen a non-gaming ad on my console in years. What type of ads are you on about?
    There's one for the new Planet of the Apes movie on the Home section of the 360 Dashboard, which isn't about gaming. Nothing on the Home section of Xbox One dash though.

In fairness though I do occasionally see food and drink ads show up on the 360 home screen but I don't recall the last time I saw something on the One.
  13. BrianGunter Win User

Xbox gold boycott

So I assume you will also be boycotting cable TV service, magazines, public transportation, airports, US highways, the Internet as a whole, and the US postal service? (just to name a very small list).
  14. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox gold boycott

I guess then you'll probably going over to the Nintendo Switch because as far as I know that's the only console of this generation that has no adverts on the dashboard.

Have fun, its a great system with a tonne of amazing games.
  15. Smwutches Win User

Xbox gold boycott

I understand not wanting to see ads on a service you pay for, but at the same time, I barely notice them.
  16. A Blue Illusion Win User

Xbox gold boycott

^This, this... this. I'm old enough to remember when people got cable TV just because it had a good signal and no ads. I can remember when people went on rampages when they found out there would be ads on their cable TV and the threat of boycotts ran rampant.
    Go right ahead OP, boycott away. If you'd like a prediction of what your actions will accomplish, I'll refer you to companies like Comcast, Time Warner, Charter...
Thema:

Xbox gold boycott

1. Xbox gold boycott - Similar Threads - gold boycott

2. Xbox gold live 3 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live 3 month: Bought a 3 month xbox live gold for my son for Christmas and last month I tried to add it to his console and it would not put it on. Just last week I tried to add it and it said code was not...
  3. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  4. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  5. Bought an xbox gold 6 month pass for my son from argos and its not working just says...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought an xbox gold 6 month pass for my son from argos and its not working just says...: I've purchased an xbox gold 6months pass for my son from argos trying to redeem but it's saying something went wrong. Any ideas on why it's not working 3ce7e316-6a0a-4b79-a05c-a6f9a80d78a3
  6. How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?: I still don’t have the Xbox Live Gold profile badge that Xbox gave everyone in September. I have had an active Gold account for many years with no pause. c5b2669f-5fe1-44dc-b9cc-7fa51bea073a
  7. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  8. Xbox has gold but my profile doesn’t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox has gold but my profile doesn’t: Hi All bit of a strange one this. I have just bought a new Xbox series X, and me and my son share games as normal. I have just found out that my profile attached to the Xbox doesn’t have gold...
  9. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  10. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...