Xbox gets WiFi problems after connecting to certain network [FIXED]

Discus and support Xbox gets WiFi problems after connecting to certain network [FIXED] in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A bit ago one of my Xbox consoles had issues with connecting to any network. Now I have tried it with a seperate Xbox and first connecting to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UD_Dogwater, Nov 20, 2022.

1. UD_Dogwater
    UD_Dogwater Guest

A bit ago one of my Xbox consoles had issues with connecting to any network.

Now I have tried it with a seperate Xbox and first connecting to a Hotspot worked without issues. But when I tried to use my home WiFi it told me that it 'can't connect to the wireless network' and now it refuses to connect to any network just like the first one.

Could it be that a faulty router fried the WiFi chip or some other component? If so is there a way to save the Xbox or is it done for?

--EDIT--

After some more searching I stumbled across another post which figured out the problem.
    It was the external hard drive sitting on the top left corner of the Xbox that somehow cut the WiFi signal
    Post with solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/my-xbox-one-wont-connect-to-any-wireless-network/78c9d05e-ee9e-4ee4-bf81-3762ddd84446

:)

UD_Dogwater, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Marius OttesenHølle Win User

xbox 360 blocked

the Xbox in Devices is called Non-specificXbox360Elite i did not get Connected yet

hopefully this fixes the problem https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Official-Wireless-Network-Adaptor-WiFi-Tested/184312594917
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox One Slow to Respond Or Won't Respond At All

This sounds like you have a network problem not a console problem.

Have you power cycled your network hardware?

If you're using WiFi to connect to the network try a wired ethernet cable connection, as you may be getting WiFi signal interference.
  4. Cobra2306 Win User

XBOX one controller won't connect. I've tried everything.

Had same problem after connecting xbox to wired network for the 1st time (after new dashboard) unplugged network cable and connected to wireless and the controller connects, then plug wired connection back in. Have to do this every time i turn on, hope this
    works as a temp fix till microsoft fix the problem
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

xbox not connecting to wifi

If you go to Settings > Network > Test internet connection does it say "hardware problem" or does it just show that you aren't connected? And in your wifi network list to choose from do you see any networks?

If so to either, please turn off your console and unplug it for 30 seconds to fix the issue. If you still see "hardware problem" in the network test after that you will need a repair.

I would also suggest a power cycle of your router/wifi box.

For more tips see here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/random-disconnect-solution
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox one S random crashes

If you go to Settings > Network > test network connection does it say "hardware problem"?

Also, can you turn off the console and unplug for 30 seconds and see if the internet connection is back? That usually fixes this problem for at least wifi.
Thema:

1. Xbox gets WiFi problems after connecting to certain network [FIXED] - Similar Threads - gets WiFi problems

2. How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect: Whenever I try to connect to my Wifi for the first time in a day It is always disconnected from my Xbox and when I try to connect again, it just says "Can't connect. Check your network name and...
  3. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  4. How do I get the "Authenticate Now" page to come up so I can type the password for the wifi in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Authenticate Now" page to come up so I can type the password for the wifi in?: I'm trying to connect to our cox wifi and I can't get any page to come up that allows me to type the password in. A screen comes up with Authenticate Now and Enter Alternate MAC Address buttons....
  5. Cant get my t mobile wifi to work on my xbox one x phone is good

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant get my t mobile wifi to work on my xbox one x phone is good: Trying to get t mobile wifi to work on x box one x wont connect 4513a7ce-8019-45fc-a52f-1a445f10ba28
  6. How do I connect Xbox 360 to my phone and get wifi w

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I connect Xbox 360 to my phone and get wifi w: So not to long at all I tried to get my phone to connect to the Xbox and it didn't pop up and I was trying to get wifi on it 23dc8c08-dae0-49fe-b0ab-102b01ccdaf5
  7. Xbox series x won't connect to wifi, keeps saying wrong password but I checked. Did I get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't connect to wifi, keeps saying wrong password but I checked. Did I get a...: Did I get a faulty xbox series x or is there a way to fix this? I checked my password (which I know by heart) and everything is correct but still won't connect. 3d9d7cbb-9a70-4a02-b046-77d80add8db0
  8. How can I get my WiFi on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my WiFi on my Xbox?: I’m have problems trying to configure my Xbox for the live? I need help 3c4da43a-b1e8-4173-8378-bf915d6fb8d3
  9. I get wifi but it shows code 80154028b want pass that

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get wifi but it shows code 80154028b want pass that: It's shows code 805154028b it's want go any further I got gd wifi it let me make a profile to live but can't get on YouTube b2c5ca79-fd96-4f58-88ad-1a91ac0965f6
  10. How to get wifi key to xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get wifi key to xbox one?: My wifi password key is huge and all kinds of caps,upper/lower case and symbols. How can I get xbox one onto my wifi without trying to type the massive password? Thanks...