Xbox Gaming Services won´t install on my latest Asus Laptop

Discus and support Xbox Gaming Services won´t install on my latest Asus Laptop in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello and sorry for my bad english in advance. I need the so called "Gaming Services in the Xbox App to use my Xbox Game Pass for PC probably. But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by klo123, Jun 4, 2021.

1. klo123
    klo123 Guest

Hello and sorry for my bad english in advance.

I need the so called "Gaming Services in the Xbox App to use my Xbox Game Pass for PC probably. But after klicking "Install" nothing works.

It is not installing at all - it´s stuck in the windows store at 90% or sometimes there is an error message Code: 0x80073D26.

I already tried the

Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

• In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”
    • Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
    solution but it won´t work. Also the "Simply set your default storage device for apps back to your C: drive." solutions does not work.

I´m so annoyed after already 2 weeks. I can´t use my paid subscription on my brand new Windows 10 Laptop. My old (10 year Laptop) never had a xbox app and xbox gampe pass for pc problem. I never had to download a extra component for the xbox app there - it just worked from day one like it´s supposed to be.

Please help me fix this problem. Microsoft Support Hotline or chats are none existing.

:)

klo123, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

3. klo123 Win User

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately both methods did not fix the problem. Still getting the error code message at 90% of the download in the store.

SFC did found some corrupt files and repaired them successfully. Also I did not find the error code in the xbox support error code list.

There are posts from + 6 months ago in the feedback with this error code that they can´t update or install the gaming services as well or e.g. can´t start MS Flight Sim suddenly anymore. This is just outrageous.

Also I did try following trouble solutions:

Fix 1. Reset Microsoft Store cache -> Still getting download error

Fix 2. Reset Microsoft Store -> Still getting download error

Fix 3. Run Windows Store app troubleshooter -> Same
  4. klo123 Win User

hi there,

gaming services has stopped working of me on the 28/5/2021 i have tired everything nothing has worked, im starting to get pissed off now
    Hahaha hello and welcome to the club :(( We are not alone.

I refunded my game pass ultimate and they did give me instantly a refund because of this problem. So at least I have my money back. For now I only bought the "normal" game pass so I can still game on my xbox console.

But the behavior and support from microsoft to their customers regarding the problem, solution and most importantly the communication is bloody awful.
  5. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there!

In this case it would be better to try contacting support for more help.

Xbox Support
  6. katrinamc givern Win User

hi there,

gaming services has stopped working of me on the 28/5/2021 i have tired everything nothing has worked, im starting to get pissed off now
Thema:

1. Xbox Gaming Services won´t install on my latest Asus Laptop - Similar Threads - Gaming Services won´t

2. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  3. Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services: I have been having trouble with party invites for a while now. None of my friend’s invites appear on my desktop, but they do arrive on the Xbox mobile app. Even after I reset game bar by deleting...
  4. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  5. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  6. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  7. Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...: Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game content? My xbox live server is active and working bfb4c5da-ad80-4c72-a8cc-a799343174b4
  8. Error with gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with gaming services: Getting hit with error code 0x87e00196 Have tried every suggestion online. Have repaired reset and reinstalled everything related to xbox app and gaming services and nothing is working...
  9. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  10. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...