Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar

Discus and support Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, for weeks now i've been having the issue that the Xbox App is stuck on the logo and can't log into Xbox in the Game Bar. I have tried every... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JonasKohlen, Dec 5, 2023.

1. JonasKohlen
    JonasKohlen Guest

Hi,

for weeks now i've been having the issue that the Xbox App is stuck on the logo and can't log into Xbox in the Game Bar. I have tried every solution i could find on the Internet, including resetting/reinstalling basically every xbox service, updating Windows, creating new Windows users etc. None of these solutions had any impact on my problem. By now i could narrow it down to the fact that the Xbox Gaming Services are the root of the problem. Once that service is uninstalled I can login without problem, but obviously i can't use Game Pass anymore. Once i reinstall Gaming Services, the problems are back.

I have been enjoying Game Pass a lot, and looking forward to new releases each month. But i now i am simply unable to use a service I am paying for and have been for a while. Seeing how many people appear to have the same or very similar issues, MS's handling of this is shocking. If nothing changes soon, i am sadly going to be forced to cancel my subscription.

:)

JonasKohlen, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, JonasKohlen. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, I would like to suggest the following potential solutions:

1. Download and run the Gaming Services Repair tool.
    Click on “downloadable version” and follow the steps provided.

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

2. Run the SFC tool on your PC. This tool may help to find potential corruptions on your system that’s not allowing properly Gaming Services to work.

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

3. Run the in-place upgrade. Please note that the in-place upgrade is not the update we perform via PC settings.

For Windows 10:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7f0b236e-3c6c-4913-9691-c4baa2a6190a

For Windows 11:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/4d469147-2747-4dcb-88a4-aae9273a4500
  3. Painless6505 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005

XBOX app version info:

4.66.30001.0 (Gaming Services)

5.722.5052.0 (Xbox Game Bar)
  4. joe biden3 Win User

Xbox App is stuck on the pulsating logo

I have noticed something. I tried downloading Gaming Services through the PowerShell and when that happens, it breaks the Xbox app, it reverts back to being stuck on the pulsating logo. I have no idea how to approach this since Gaming Services is needed but when its installed it breaks the app. The Xbox App cant even download it on its own.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why are all "Uninstall XBOX" questions locked and unanswered?

If you have the latest version of Windows 10 (1909), then you can right click the Xbox console companion and select uninstall.

As for the other Xbox apps such as game bar & Xbox services, they can not be removed, but you can disable game bar, by going to settings - gaming, then find the option to disable game bar.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox deletion

On windows 10, the xbox app is installed with windows and can not be removed. You can disable the various services in the services menu but you can't uninstall the xbox app. You can also turn off the game bar.

If it's not the xbox app what do you mean?
Thema:

1. Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar - Similar Threads - gaming services breaks

2. XBOX GAMES SERVICES MISSING

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX GAMES SERVICES MISSING: Hello, I am having a problem about missing several services that would help me connect to xbox live service and I would like to know where I could download them. For reason unknow, I cannot post...
  3. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  4. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  5. I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...: Since I have bought the new laptop when I launch the xbox app it says the error code mentioned above and asks for updates and even after contacting the customer care and folllowing all the steos...
  6. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  7. Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services: I have been having trouble with party invites for a while now. None of my friend’s invites appear on my desktop, but they do arrive on the Xbox mobile app. Even after I reset game bar by deleting...
  8. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  9. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  10. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...