Xbox gaming app completely broken - no games will launch, installing errors out, and the...

Discus and support Xbox gaming app completely broken - no games will launch, installing errors out, and the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm at a total loss what to do. I moved a hard drive from my old computer to a new computer expecting the Xbox app could do what Origin, Steam, Epic,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GrantCurell, Mar 25, 2022.

1. GrantCurell
    GrantCurell Guest

Xbox gaming app completely broken - no games will launch, installing errors out, and the...

I'm at a total loss what to do.

• I moved a hard drive from my old computer to a new computer expecting the Xbox app could do what Origin, Steam, Epic, and everything else under the sun does just fine - detect the games and bring them in. Boy howdy it crapped everywhere
    • I cannot install anything I previously had. It just says something unexpected happened
    • If I click the support button, no matter the browser I use, I just get a spinning Xbox icon forever
    • None of the games will launch. You click play nothing happens even for the new ones I've installed
    • Xbox Games folder is completely empty
    How the heck do I just talk to a human being (via voice)? I keep getting redirected to forums but this thing is 100% borked on a completely new computer.

:)

GrantCurell, Mar 25, 2022
  2. CharlesWaite2 Win User

Cant install Halo MCC

I have the same issue. The MCC app got stuck in a wierd "has Update" but wont update loop. Xbox app can't launch the game. So I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it. The uninstall didn't free up the disk space, the reinstall wouldn't complete, just says
    installing. I tried in MS Store app, the install doesn't even start downloading before it errors out with a "0x803FB107" error. Tried a number of things, not getting closer to a solution. The Outer Worlds wont even launch either...
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox gaming app completely broken - no games will launch, installing errors out, and the support site does not load

Hi GrantCurell,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Kind regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox gaming app completely broken - no games will launch, installing errors out, and the support site does not load

Hi GrantCurell,

We have not heard anything from you in the last follow-up. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been answered. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums. Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Please feel free to create a new thread if you have further concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

5. GrantCurell Win User

To answer how this went: I gave up on the app. Came back like a week later and it was suddenly working again. No idea why. Exact same thing just happened to a friend of mine which is what reminded me of this thread.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi GrantCurell,

We understand your sentiment in trying to launch and install games from Xbox app. This is not the experience that Microsoft wishes you to have. As your support advisor, let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

As per your description, this new computer should be able to launch and install games just fine however you were facing error messages that hinders the PC to do so. To better isolate the issue, we would like to ask for few questions.

1. May we ask for the current Windows OS build, edition and version of your PC?
    2. Will you be able to install game and apps using the Microsoft Store without any issue or error message/code?
    3. Please post a screenshot of error message/code of your issue. Please conceal any personal information.
    4. May we know if you have been part of Windows Insider or Xbox Insider? Is the current PC you are using is on Insider's build?
    5. May we ask for the troubleshooting you have done so far?
    Here are list of support articles you can check:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

How to find out if a game will play on your Windows device

Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows device

Troubleshoot gameplay, performance, and stability issues on a Windows device

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox gaming app completely broken - no games will launch, installing errors out, and the... - Similar Threads - gaming app completely

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  4. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  5. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  6. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  7. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  8. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  9. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  10. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...