Xbox games storage

Discus and support Xbox games storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know if a SSD external hard drive with USB 3.0 can PLAY Xbox X/S optimised games. PLAY not just store. If this type does not work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Frans Roos1, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Frans Roos1
    Frans Roos1 Guest

Xbox games storage

Hi, I would like to know if a SSD external hard drive with USB 3.0 can PLAY Xbox X/S optimised games. PLAY not just store. If this type does not work are there any alternatives to the Seagate expansion card route.

:)

Frans Roos1, Sep 19, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox games and storage

Is this on the console storage or external storage? If it's internal storage try a powercycle by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds till it shuts down the unplug it for 30 seconds. If that does not work then try a factory reset.

If it's external storage you could try the powercycle again then change USB ports for the external drive. Barring that the drive itself may need to be reformatted via PC or you could contact the manufacturer to see if they have a drive recovery app.
  3. Frans Roos1 Win User

Xbox games storage

Hi is there going to be any other options to play xbox x/s optimized games from a external comming in the future ?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox games storage

No as mentioned you are talking about12x the difference in speed 4.8 gbps vs 500mbps your USB hdd will.run at

Plus optimized games are designed for direct access to gpu cpu and memory

Vs your method has to.run thru buses before it even gets to the cpu

It wouldn't be the same I'f you ran at 500mbps and have ro wait for your hdd to catch upto the cpu
  5. NathanSeal Win User

Xbox games and storage

It is external and I have tried changing USB ports which did not work but I will try reformatting now thanks !
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox game storage

There are none as you need a nvme drive not a ssd to even come close.

Ssd is limited to your bus master which case you have two bottlenecks

The USB and the South bridge you are talking about 500mbps at best because it relies on your computer or consoles master and the slow usb cables

Even esata is faster then usb type c there is nothing faster then nvme and most computers don't have the required slot

Nvme sits directly on the pcie 4.0 bus without a controller except for the North bridge

Which runs under velocity at 4.5gbps because it has direct access to the CPU GPU and memory and the velocity proccessor

High end pcs either have the nvme or make it up in cpu and GPU with the amd RDNA 2 architecture or the nvidia on

Series x and s games require the velocity engine

You may get a slight fps bump but it would.ne the xbox one x version and not 4k

Basically you get what you pay for

All next gen consoles already stated this

Nvme is the only way to get optimized games

You can only run original bc titles on ssd or mechanical drivws
Thema:

Xbox games storage

1. Xbox games storage - Similar Threads - games storage

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  5. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  6. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  7. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  8. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  9. Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?: I have a 5tb external hard-drive. I have it formated for the xbox series x. I have it almost full with games, but only some will play directly from it. Others I have to constantly swap back and...
  10. Game pass downloads to external storage

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass downloads to external storage: I would love the feature that enables downloading of game pass games through the site (with my game pass subscription) to an external storage and then moving them to my console. submitted by...