Xbox Games Share - Game Pass Ultimate wont work on main Xbox

Discus and support Xbox Games Share - Game Pass Ultimate wont work on main Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Originally my and my daughter both used our own accounts on my Xbox ( will call it A ). She could log in herself without me and use Games downloaded... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TexasWhisper, Sep 10, 2022.

1. TexasWhisper
    TexasWhisper Guest

Originally my and my daughter both used our own accounts on my Xbox ( will call it A ). She could log in herself without me and use Games downloaded from Games Pass. For example Wild Lands.

We bought a second hand Xbox to play upstairs on ( will call it B }, so wether we played Fortnite together or a co op on Wild lands. As examples.

Following YouTube and Microsoft instructions I put my gamer tag on B and set it as home console. And her tag was already on A, as she was logging in there anyway. As there were no games on B I left the home console option off of A.

At first nothing happened other than being told on either console she couldn't play as games needed to be bought. We waited and after a while I could see all the games on B that I had on A ready to install ( in the full library section ) including game pass ones. This seemed all good. We connected together fine for Fortnite.

Presumed this was setup fine, however going back to Console A ( my original one downstairs ) all the games she used to be able to play ( not including Fortnite ) like Wildlands now ask for me to to be signed in, then she could choose her account in game. Also Red Dead 2 is a disc install but for her to now play online I again need to be logged in. If i am not it says that she needs to purchase Gold or Game Pass.

This is fine unless I want to go on console B, as If i log in as either her account or mine it will kick her out of the game.

Is this normal for game share? If she goes into the game pass app on A it says she has to buy it!!

Any suggestions? I am sure if it wasn't setup properly we wouldn't be able to play Fortnite as that doesn't ask her to buy gold or pass to play online!

:)

TexasWhisper, Sep 10, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would need to have console A set as your Home console in order for her to continue to access your games/games from Game Pass as well as your Gold (the ability to play online) without you being signed in.

Fortnite is a free-to-play game so it would be free for her to download anyway and does not require a subscription to play online which is why that game still works.
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

GameSharing gamepass issue

Investigate a little more about your case and find that and advisor Gerardo recommends something else.

The shared use of Game Pass Ultimate is totally shared through the console, so if you set your console as the profile that the main page of the subscriptions possesses, any account in that Xbox can download and install Games from Game Pass Ultimate, as well as any of the Games with Gold.

Try following the steps below.

Light your Xbox.
    Locate session with the account that has the Game Pass or Gold subscription.
    Press the Xbox button.
    Go to the system tab.
    Go to configuration and press A.

Another way is to configure the account as a main Xbox visiting this link. How the main Xbox and the shared use of games | Xbox technical support

You can also try to visit this link to get more ideas. Frequently asked questions about Xbox Game Pass Ultimate | Xbox technical support

We hope it has worked well for you. If not, please respond to this forum to let us know.

Best regards,
    Marvina
  4. Saturnz0 Win User

Xbox game pass

Hi. I'm getting a new laptop in a few days and it has one month of free Xbox game pass. My brother plays in an Xbox one. Is there any way i can share my Xbox game pass with him?
    hi, NOTwarrior007_

I understand your question.
    To share subscription between PC and console, you need Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

• The Game Pass for console works only on the console.
    • Game Pass for PC works on PC only.
    • Game Pass Ultimate works on both

If you have Ultimate you can share with him
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

XBOX GAME PASS

Hi,

Sharing works only for the Gold subscription and games downloaded but not the Xbox game pass / ultimate pass… Sorry

Regards
  6. Francia J. Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator not working, details below.

On PC, even if Xbox Game Pass Ultimate there is no option to share it yet but if you're pertaining to Xbox console, yes, you can share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Thema:

1. Xbox Games Share - Game Pass Ultimate wont work on main Xbox - Similar Threads - Games Share Game

2. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  3. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  4. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  5. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1
  6. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  7. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...: Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine? 6e652558-90d1-4520-a9c5-c405e2c408f1
  8. How many people game share one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many people game share one account: How many people can game share one account e3cb1c94-8e19-4637-bc38-246a15037f21
  9. Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?: As the title states I am going to reset my Xbox Series S in an attempt to reset it's cache, I am having troubles with installing Red Dead Redemption 2 on my external and that was one of the...
  10. Can I have a new game share in my Xbox account please?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I have a new game share in my Xbox account please?: I need another game share for my friend because he lost it when E updated his Xbox 6463aeb8-cf25-4447-8ecf-e76d181cb912