Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games

Discus and support Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title suggests, Xbox Games Pass on PC isn't consistently removing games when you click the uninstall button. On the affected titles (Metro... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SashaMuller, Jul 8, 2020.

  1. SashaMuller
    SashaMuller Guest

    Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games


    As the title suggests, Xbox Games Pass on PC isn't consistently removing games when you click the uninstall button. On the affected titles (Metro Exodus, Halo) the shortcuts disappear, and the games are removed from all the Windows add/remove programs list,
    but the data stubbornly remains in the WindowsApps folder.

    Nothing I've tried from the many many 'solutions' to the issue allows me to manually delete the games folders from the WindowsApps directory, and reinstalling the games and clicking uninstall also does nothing. And in the case of Metro Exodus I couldn't
    reinstall the game if I wanted to as it's no longer free to play on the Game Pass for PC. But I still have it taking up room on my SSD, which is great.

    This seems to be a pretty common problem from what I can tell, so is there a solution/bugfix in the works?

    :)
     
    SashaMuller, Jul 8, 2020
    #1
  2. Grimsupanoob Win User

    Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games

    Use something like Treesize to get the full name of the app ( Right-click on the app, properties)

    open an administrative Powershell window

    Remove-AppxPackage -Package (and then the full package name)

    once this is done, give it 5 minutes, and do a treesize scan again


    [​IMG]
  3. ItsCheesy Win User

    Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

    I cancelled the xbox game pass and bought the pc beta and I still can't install the game, it also isn't letting me uninstall the xbox companion as well as install the new one.
  4. HawkenPP Win User

    Game Pass PC - Can't reinstall games that went AWOL

    I Have the same problem except the cancel button flashes too fast to press it. (Edit) I also noticed that the game (Bleeding Edge) doesn't disappear from my game pass library like other games that I uninstalled. I can't reinstall it and I can't remove it
    from my Game Pass library. Like you said, something isn't getting cleared.

    I got the issue after restarting my pc after pausing an update. So I uninstalled the game and here I am.
  5. nielubiebudyniu Win User

    Metro Exodus - Launch nothing happens PC

    HERE IS A WORKING SOLUTION TO Metro Exodus crashing in XBOX Game pass for PC. This worked for me 100% each time the game crashed, and after trying to uninstall it I got stuck with unplayable game, unremovable game files. I went through points 1-5. I managed
    to beat the game after several crashes and remove it recovering 60 GB disk space ;) .

    So if anyone has issues with Metro Exodus crashing on PC/XBOX GAME PASS and is unable to sucessfully uninstall the game and free the disk space do this:

    1. Uninstall XBOX Game Pass for PC APP
    2. go to your Windows 10 Update Menu and Press Update
    3. restart Windows
    4. Install Xbox game pass App again
    5. Open Xbox game pass App and Press Install Metro Exodus (it will not take long because the game is already there, just a tiny part of it will be brought back).
    This way the game should be playable again or , if you wish you may NOW finally unistall it and free your disk space.

    This will not stop the ME from crashing but will make it playable und uninstallable :)

    The tricky part is that when the game crashes and we want to uninstall it, some part of the Windows update is removed with it but not the game so the disk space cannot be freed nor game started untill you do the points 1-5 and get your Windows updated again.

    This problem has been known for a few weeks now but no patch from XBOX so far.

    I hope this will help :)
  6. Christyna64 Win User

    Saves lost after uninstall

    When you uninstall any software on PC, usually all files associate with it will be removed. Since you mention using Xbox beta for Game Pass PC, your save files should be synced to the cloud on Xbox Live. They will sync to your PC again when you sign back
    in after re-installing the game and select your profile to load it.
Thema:

Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games

Loading...
  1. Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games - Similar Threads - Games Pass Uninstallation

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC/Xbox Game App Uninstalls Avowed Erroneously

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC/Xbox Game App Uninstalls Avowed Erroneously: I'm experiencing a recurring issue with the Xbox Game Pass app on PC and need your assistance. Why does the Xbox Game launcher keep randomly uninstalling Avowed without any warning or action on my...
  8. How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop

    in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop: I have game pass on my laptop. Anytime I install a game I can play it fine, but when I shutdown my laptop for the night, all games will be uninstalled and not there when I power back on. I have...
  9. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

    in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  10. Why does my PC Game Pass game uninstall automatically?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my PC Game Pass game uninstall automatically?: So I've been playing Lies of P since it's become available on Game Pass, and really loving it. but for it keeps getting deleted off my PC and I have to install it again, it's happened like 4 or 5...