Xbox games not downloading using 4G Huawei AI Cube network

Discus and support Xbox games not downloading using 4G Huawei AI Cube network in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Huawei AI Cube for the 4G network capabilities and have connected my Xbox One to it. But when I try to download a game, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FistfulOfPAYNE, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Xbox games not downloading using 4G Huawei AI Cube network

I recently purchased a Huawei AI Cube for the 4G network capabilities and have connected my Xbox One to it.

But when I try to download a game, it keeps stopping and doesn't appear to even start to download any data.

However, I can download apps like Netflix fine or even stream videos and play online.

I did a factory reset of the console, but hasn't worked.

Is anyone else having the same issue and have you found a solution?

:)

FistfulOfPAYNE, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Rick
    Rick New Member
    Hey people,

I have been on to the phone with my ISP and figured out a way to get the router running for now, while they arrange an update to correct the bug... so by going on to a browser and putting in the ip address to access the router, i go to network setting - mobile NETWORK searching and tell your device to only use 3g.... This moves you from the busy 4g network which is causing the games to drop and stopped... hope this helps as i went out and got a new xbox and everything figured since router worked on all other devices it must of been the xbox... turns out i was wrong its 100% the router and ISP.... Make sure if your from the uk to contact THREE and complain to get this made a priority as i would like to be downloading at full 40/50mbps instead of 20 -_-

Rick, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Jayhab4real Win User

Cant download game updates

Hi, yes Looks like it us an issue with 3. See this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-games-not-downloading-using-4g-huawei-ai-cube/32fd91d3-cce7-4e16-a50d-e4c8f5253a13

There's even a couple of workarounds, switch to 3g instead of 4g or start a download on a personal hotspot, then switch networks.

Hope it works!
  4. Steve Edm Win User

The issue is on 3's network side. Has to be something to do with permissions or something. The 3 sim from the router not working in a smartphone to tether, whereas another network SIM points at 3 rather than Huawei or Microsoft.
    I agree and the annoying thing is, I usually find Three slow to find out what causes some of their issues let alone fix them.
  5. MaxWellBewell Win User

Firstly, for everyone here who's sending in their console for repair or even buying a new one, I can almost 1000% say that it's not your console that's causing an issie, but the network settings on the Huawei cube.

OP, give this solution a try. In your Xbox Network settings, go to advanced settings and change ypur DNS. For the lrimary DNS set it to 1.1.1.1 and for the secondary 1.0.0.1

Give that a try and let us know if it fixes the download issue. All the best, cheers!
    i tried this mate it did not work for me. i tried a few different DNS but all failed
  6. Totlxtc Win User

Seems like a 3 ISP permissions issue. Thank you for all your work. They have pushed it back to Hwawei and I don't think its their problem.
  7. Yombi Win User

I had a same issue when i was in Germany, i bought a Sim card with unlimited internet and i cannot use with my Xbox. Then i called the store and there unlocked something remotly after that it's worked.
Thema:

1. Xbox games not downloading using 4G Huawei AI Cube network - Similar Threads - games downloading using

2. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  3. How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive: In the past you could use the Companion App on PC and Mobile to download Clips and Screenshot from the Xbox network. But Microsoft removed it and now we only have the Xbox App which doesn't even...
  4. Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...: Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any of them I also can’t connect to online servers what do I do? d22da464-873c-48b5-8ff5-c4f1d84c6def
  5. If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?: I ordered ufc 5 disc and while waiting for it to arrive I downloaded the game to my Xbox and was wanting to know if I can then use the disc version of the game to verify and be able to play the...
  6. Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store wont let me download games using my game pass.: I have tried everything on forums. I see that it downloads gaming services then soon as it goes to install it. It throws a Error 0x80070005. I have watched youtube videos on it used command...
  7. Windows Xbox app not downloading games on fibre ISP that uses CGNAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Xbox app not downloading games on fibre ISP that uses CGNAT: Hi, I've recently changed ISP from a copper line to a full fibre line. The new fibre ISP uses CGNAT which I believe could be causing the issues. When I choose a game to download it will sit on 0...
  8. Trying To Download A Game from my Xbox to my PC Using Xbox Play Anywhere.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying To Download A Game from my Xbox to my PC Using Xbox Play Anywhere.: Trying to download a game I have on my Xbox(Owned) and download/transfer it on my pc when its a Xbox Play Anywhere game but for some reason I can't. Do you have any solutions or advice I can use...
  9. Can 'It Takes Two' game's friend pass be shared if it is downloaded using xbox game pass?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 'It Takes Two' game's friend pass be shared if it is downloaded using xbox game pass?: I play on Xbox and have an Xbox game pass ultimate subscription. I downloaded the game 'It Takes Two', which is available on Xbox game pass and I want to share the game using 'friend pass' with...
  10. Can you use an xbox one game download code on xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you use an xbox one game download code on xbox series s?: Hi, I'm trying to get Lego Marvel Super Heroes for my Xbox Series s and was wondering if a xbox one download code for the game would work? c910f22a-e36e-4e89-87c0-cefd5377b6c5