Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed...

Discus and support Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I installed a bunch of games onto a certain harddrive that I use only for games. Upon reinstalling a clean version of Windows for a pc hardware... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mike0193, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Mike0193
    Mike0193 Guest

Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed...

I installed a bunch of games onto a certain harddrive that I use only for games. Upon reinstalling a clean version of Windows for a pc hardware upgrade, now that drive has a bunch of Windows folders ("windowsApps", "WpSystem", and "WUDownloadCache") that are not accessible. Even when I change my download directory back to that harddrive on the Xbox app on pc it still does not find my installed games. Steam, Ubisoft, Epic game store, Blizzard, etc. all let me change the game library directory with ease. They all find all the games installed with ease. They also all don't create a bunch of confusing and locked folders, in fact letting me name the single library folder to whatever I wish.

Why must Windows and their Xbox app make this so confusing and tedious for their games and Gamepass games? The only fixes I've been able to find online is apparently wiping the drive to remove those Windows folders and redownloading these massive games. That's time, save files, and harddrive durability that shouldn't be wasted every time I need or want to reinstall Windows.

Is there a recommended way of Windows finding my games without me needing to delete everything? And is Microsoft working on a efficient modernization upgrade to this system?

:)

Mike0193, Aug 1, 2021
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

XBOX GAMES FOR PC LOST AFTER DOWNLOADING MICROSOFT 11

Lois, let me see if I understand. You're subscribed to Gamepass, right?

When you open the Xbox app on your PC, no games are showed there? What exactly the app showed you when you open it?

Also, you said you installed, 11 of them, you cannot see them installed on your PC?
    They installed Windows 11, not "installed 11" games.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

I can't install Xbox Play Anywhere on my PC.

if you have gamepass pc or gamepass ultimate then you should be able to download those games. is the windows install fully up to date and is there any updates waiting in the microsoft store app.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch

when installing from gamepass or windows store they are placed in the encrypted folder, the installation will only work for that one windows install, you have to install for each machine, they cannot be moved from pc to pc.

if you ever reinstall the OS you would have to redownload all the gamepass/windows store games again too.
  5. Mike0193 Win User

Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed Games on Install Folder

I see, thank you for answering! Is there a way then to delete those folders and reinstall the games without formatting the drive? Since I have games from other software platforms on there.

Thank you for your time.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed Games on Install Folder

if you change the storage location for installed apps under settings it should do it for you, if not then google removal of gamepass folders as it requires changing all the permissins and ownership of windowsapps and programfiles folders on that drive.
Thema:

1. Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed... - Similar Threads - Games App Gamepass

2. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  3. Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller: I'm trying to use my stadio controller which has been transitioned to bluetooth mode. It works perfectly with in browser cloud gaming It doesn't work at all with remote play on the xbox app or...
  4. How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data'): At some point the Xbox app decided to kill itself. Occasionally, I can launch and play games only to quit and have this eternal 'syncing data' launch screen the following launch of the game, for...
  5. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...: Every time I try to launch Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in Microsoft Store, and then I immediately get an error. One of these pops up:...
  6. No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC: I having been trying for days to get games to install with no success from the Xbox app. I recently installed and SSD and installed Halo Infinite, Solasta and Gears Tactics with no problems. Now...
  7. Cloud gaming button not showing up in gamepass mobile app (android)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming button not showing up in gamepass mobile app (android): The button to play a cloud game will not show up, whatsoever. 4fbd895c-626f-4790-a482-636673e884ef
  8. games showing up in xbox app gamepass library but not in console library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games showing up in xbox app gamepass library but not in console library: Yo bro I wanted some help , in my xbox app gta 5 is showing up in the games library of game pass but when i open the gamepass library from my console it doesnot shows up , can you plz tell me...
  9. Make All Owned Xbox Games Playable Via Xbox PC App (Not Just Gamepass Games)

in XboX Insiders
    Make All Owned Xbox Games Playable Via Xbox PC App (Not Just Gamepass Games): Currently the only Xbox games you can play via the Xbox PC app are Gamepass games and whatever Gamepass games you buy and install through the Xbox PC app. Originally this app was intended to gain...
  10. Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...: Have tried factory resetting but didn't work. Gamingroot folder seems to be missing even with hidden files are on but I don't know how to make one. Please someone help me. Just want to play games....