Xbox Gamertag

Discus and support Xbox Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to change my gamertag but when I do it says it is in use, but when my friend try's it he can change his gamertag. Any help?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Legend Xean, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Legend Xean
    Legend Xean Guest

Xbox Gamertag

I want to change my gamertag but when I do it says it is in use, but when my friend try's it he can change his gamertag. Any help?

:)

Legend Xean, Jan 4, 2014
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Jan 4, 2014
  3. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    "Xbox Sign Out" Noooooooooooooo!

*creates gamertag 'Xbox Bing Tub Girl'*

King Tones, Jan 4, 2014
  4. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest

Xbox Gamertag

simple you will have to choose another tag, live is not the only system that uses the tag system windows live PC games and zune do too. also to add the system does not know the difference between caps and non caps or spaces, for example megajord, mega jord,
    and Mega Jord are all the same tag and thus not available, sorry.

davemcfly85, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Legend Xean
    Legend Xean Guest
    How can my friend be able to enter the same gametag and be able to change to the gamertag?

Legend Xean, Jan 4, 2014
  6. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    he may have spelled it differently or added a number to it there is no way to choose the same tag if he changed it to another one then it is obvious you cannot choose that particular tag name anymore.

davemcfly85, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Legend Xean
    Legend Xean Guest
    Considering that he sent a picture to prove that was spelt the same.

Legend Xean, Jan 5, 2014
  8. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Xbox Gamertag

Are you sure he wasn't searching for a name?

There is no way to check for a name except to change to the name and then he would take it instantly

As stated before if the system says it is taken it is taken

Just be more creative with the spelling

.FYI is the same as ngoc phi spaces do not differentiate names to reduce confusion

ngocphi, Jan 5, 2014
  9. I bought me a xbox one and when i instaled it, i notice that my gamertag isn't the same anymore.

I asked for help about this and he told my that my gamertag was taged and therfore changed in a realy dumb name. So now i have a silly gamertag and can not change it. Now the fun part. I can change it but then i got to pay $10. So for something i didn't
    do i got to pay extra?? It's the same as i drive a Ferrari and let you pay for it.

Now after a day thinking of returning the xbox one and ask for a refund i decided to give it a try with the $10.

At that point i notice that my acount has bin moved to a US server and if i wanted to change my gamertag i have to move my account with lost of the credits that is on it. So Microsoft is charging me first $10 to get a desent gamertag and second to buy
    new credits . Let me tel you if this isn't solved the right way, that silly xbox one is going back to the store!!!!

SaltyFawn319656, Sep 22, 2015
  10. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    first do not bump old threads second you only get a name change like that if your name violated the rules. you only have 2 options keep the name or pay the 10 bucks to change it but. as for the other thing we cannot help you on that on the forum you may
    have to contact support about that.

davemcfly85, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  12. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag not Changing.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

You can easily change your Xbox Live gamertag. If your
    gamertag was created for you during your initial Xbox Live sign-up (meaning, you did not choose your gamertag), you can change the gamertag one time for free. Additional Xbox Live gamertag changes cost extra.
  13. Gstevie Win User

Geting help change my Gamertag

The txt quoted is in the section which yes has the Windows LIVE section below, but at the top clearly states Xbox 360 Console:

"How to change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

Change your gamertag on your Xbox 360 console

You can easily change your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If your gamertag was created for you during Xbox LIVE sign-up, you can change the gamertag once for free. Additional Xbox LIVE gamertag changes cost 800 Microsoft Points.

To change your Xbox LIVE gamertag

On your Xbox console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag that you want to change.

Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

Select Change Gamertag.

Note the Price of the change, and do one of the following:

Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.

Select Get Suggestions to view possible gamertags.

Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.

Note Click Add Microsoft Points if you don’t have enough points to complete the purchase.

Once you confirm your new gamertag, the change is reflected across Xbox LIVE. You don’t need to tell your friends that you changed your gamertag — their friends lists will be updated automatically."

Again a clear statement from Microsoft, it should be honoured not dismissed.
  14. maxen Win User

When will I be able to change e-mails and gamertags on Xbox One...?!

15. Desperado070-9D4B443 Win User

I changed my xbox live gamertag i uninstalled my account and i lost it.

sorry but i don't really understand the problem here.

you lost your gamertag while unstalling your profile.

but what do you want? your old gamertag back?

well if so i'm sorry but for that you gonna have to buy a gamertag change. here is how:

How to change your gamertag on the Xbox 360 console, you can easily change your Xbox Live gamertag. If your gamertag during your first log on to Xbox Live for you is made (in other words, if you haven't chosen your gamertag), you can change this gamertag
    once free. Additional changes of the Xbox Live gamertag cost extra. Your Xbox Live gamertag sign on your Xbox console with the Xbox Live gamertag that you want to change.

Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

Select Change Gamertag.

Note the price of the change, and then do one of the following: Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag entered is already in use, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.

Select Get Suggestions about possible gamertags.

After you have entered a new gamertag or chosen, select Yes, use this gamertag.

When you have your new gamertag confirms, the change is automatically anywhere on Xbox Live. You do not need to tell your friends that you have changed your gamertag: their friends lists are automatically updated.

Did you make a mistake when creating your gamertag?

If you make a mistake when creating your gamertag and you want to change it, then you need to buy a new gamertag. All purchases of gamertags must be performed using the dashboard and cost extra.
Thema:

Xbox Gamertag

1. Xbox Gamertag - Similar Threads - Gamertag

2. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  3. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  4. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  5. How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10: I don’t want to pay this much money a44ece0d-7a8d-4b08-b3ec-ceae91c5d9d7
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. Xbox gamertag replaced

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag replaced: I was recently trying to log in to my microsoft account on my computer. This account was linked to a gamertag that i have been using for that past 6 years or so. However when i ended up logging...
  8. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e
  9. Cheater's gamertag missing but I have video with gamertag. How do I report?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cheater's gamertag missing but I have video with gamertag. How do I report?: Player in MW3 scored 127 quick scope headshot kills. The next highest kill on either team was just 65. Kill cams were very telling - reticle pulled like a magnet to the center of the target's...
  10. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...