Xbox Gamertag Swapping

Discus and support Xbox Gamertag Swapping in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently found out the xbox gamertag policy changed when i went to change the gamertag of one of my profiles. I was originally trying to change the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GoodGuyDillon, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Xbox Gamertag Swapping

I recently found out the xbox gamertag policy changed when i went to change the gamertag of one of my profiles. I was originally trying to change the gamertag of my main profile to the tag of one of my alternates, both of which have too many characters
    according to the new policy. I have since reached out to microsoft/xbox several times to see if swapping the gamertags would be possible. I was told that the feature did not exist but i think it should. One example on how this feature could work is the initiating
    party makes a commitment to pay the $10 gamertag change fee that sends a request for gamertag swap to the receiving party. The receiving party is then able to accept or decline and, should they accept, is also able to choose between swapping gamertags or creating
    a new gamertag within the current policy. The initiating party won’t be charged unless the offer is accepted and the receiving party is not charged at all. The offer should also have an expiration period to prevent complications. This example is not perfect
    but it allows xbox users with multiple accounts to swap their gamertags without worry and allows a new type of interaction between xbox users. What do you think about gamertag swapping? Would it be a useful feature?

:)

GoodGuyDillon, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Photonimus Win User

Xbox Gamertag Swap?

He wants to create a new account with the same name? I don't think it would work, as the name would show as already in use. He can only create a similar one.
  3. Christen Martin Win User

Xbox Gamertag Swap?

I am referring to the gamertag handle.
  4. AshleyBrown2007 Win User

Xbox Gamertag Swap?

I believe swapping gamertags is not a good idea at all...You could be at risk of a console ban for using someone's gamertag.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox Gamertag Swap?

Hi,

Swapping gamertags ( accounts ) is against the terms of use, not only that, it leaves the people involved open to fraud and all sorts of possible issues. As for your friend with the banned gamertag he can't create a new account with the banned gamertag,
    the gamertag is banned end of story.

-

www.xbox.com/.../livetou

-
  6. Christen Martin Win User

Xbox Gamertag Swap?

Thx. I believe my question may not be clear enough. We want to swap Gamertag Handles (Names). Not actual Microsoft Accounts.
Thema:

Xbox Gamertag Swapping

1. Xbox Gamertag Swapping - Similar Threads - Gamertag Swapping

2. Free gamertag swap the first time

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free gamertag swap the first time: I want to change my gamertag due to an inappropriate joke made by one of my coworkers but it wants to charge me $10. I’ve never changed my gamertag since I created my Microsoft account. Please...
  3. I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.: I am trying to swap an older Gamertag of mine from an older email to my current email (so I keep my friends list & gamerscore). When I try to swap the alias It claims the domain Is already used. I...
  4. Swap gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap gamertag: I want to swap my primery acc to my main acc can you help me Thank you 310b9fb6-5350-42c3-8104-ee63b2a8b79f
  5. gamertag swap

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag swap: A while ago I created a gamertag using my moms email, since then I created my own email but have used the gamertag associated with my mothers account as that was were all my information was. Is...
  6. Can I Swap Gamertag between accounts ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Swap Gamertag between accounts ?: Hello everyone, My situation is as follow : - 1st account has all my data since very first Xbox BETA with old gamertag. - 2nd account created some months ago with new fresh profile and data. I...
  7. Gamertag. Stick or swap?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag. Stick or swap?: After I changed the first time there was no stopping me. I probably swapped ten times by now lol. is definitely staying around for a while now 216c2618-b45b-4147-a60d-6e5e7a4aace6
  8. Gamertag Swap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Swap: So heres the situation; I have two accounts: One with lots of progress and one without any progress. I dont want to lose either of the gamertags, but I want the account with all the progress to...
  9. Gamertag swap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag swap: Hi I've somehow got my son's and my own gamertag mixed up - mine is showing on his Microsoft account and vice versa! Its saying I have to pay to change both these, is there any way around this...
  10. Swap gamerTag from Account A to Account B

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap gamerTag from Account A to Account B: Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts, each one has associated a GamerTag. I would like to swap the GamerTag, switch the old one on the new Microsoft account and the new one on the old Microsoft...