xbox gamertag free name change

Discus and support xbox gamertag free name change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Please let me reset my gamertag back to what it was before i accidentally changed it, the one i have currently isn't the one that i wanted, i was just... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cocksmasher69, Dec 6, 2021.

1. xbox gamertag free name change

Please let me reset my gamertag back to what it was before i accidentally changed it, the one i have currently isn't the one that i wanted, i was just testing names and pressed the wrong button and now have to pay $10 to get a new one. tried contacting support and you will only let me talk to "other gamers" funny enough "other gamers" cant help me with this issue. i even tried paying the money through my debit card because i got frustrated with this pathetic support system and it wouldn't let me because I'm not in the US and for some idiotic reason that option can not be changed even though my region has always been Australia. I even used a random address in the US and that wouldn't work either. horrible system that forces you to pay $10 if you make a mistake then when you try to pay that money you are barred from doing so because you live in another country, spent 1 hour of my life trying to work this hideous system out only to write a stupid forum post that maybe 4 "other gamers" might see, what a joke.

-disgruntled Australian who has wasted more time than should be necessary on this issue

:)

cocksmasher69, Dec 6, 2021
  2. General Teton Win User

gamertag XXX is no longer allowed

I ended up downloading my old profiles, but it wants me to pay 800 points to change that name. According to xbox policies I should be able to change my xbox gamertag once free of charge - "If you created your gamertag when you signed up for Xbox LIVE, you
    can change your gamertag once for free." support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

Is there something preventing this name change for free, and will the old gamertag definitely be free'd up once I change it so I can change my current name "FUBAR PhD" to tptass?
  3. User 5132020 Win User

Gamertag

Why is my name Prettybunny225 and not the name that I changed it to. My gamertag should be (TTVH3ntAiGod it's not really inappropriate it's just a name if you let me do another change gamertag for free(I used all of mine) I will change it)
    Hello Sir! , I am sorry to hear about the Gamertag change. Unfortunately the name inappropriate. We do not offer Free gamertags! Please refer to Xbox Guidelines, and then try a new Gamertag! Enjoy your day!
  4. Smwutches Win User

The only way to change it again is to pay. Even support will not grant a free change.
  5. microsoftaremoneygra Win User

The only way to change it again is to pay. Even support will not grant a free change.
    that in itself is tragic as I've used the name for about 4 hours today on halo after making this claim, also if you read my post i already did try to pay, and it did not allow me to as the residence part of my debit card details could not be changed from America, even though my region has and always will be Australia.

thank you for your response "other gamer" but it is not helpful I'm afraid.
  6. Smwutches Win User

If you're yrying to change it from the website, change the region in the far bottom left corner. The site likes to default to the US.
Thema:

1. xbox gamertag free name change - Similar Threads - gamertag free name

2. Free gamertag swap the first time

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free gamertag swap the first time: I want to change my gamertag due to an inappropriate joke made by one of my coworkers but it wants to charge me $10. I’ve never changed my gamertag since I created my Microsoft account. Please...
  3. Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...: Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose it coz I've just only brought this account 4255addd-2661-4f2e-88ce-8eed063fdf7f
  4. free gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    free gamertag change: I was told that i Can change my gamertag first time for free. I Haven't ever changed my GT, and I either cant find the option to change it free, or i Don't get one. Please help, thank you,” we...
  5. How to remove numbers off PC gamertag now that original name is free to use??

in XBoX on Windows
    How to remove numbers off PC gamertag now that original name is free to use??: I made myself a new xbox account to use with my PC games (halo), its linked to my email and not to my old live account so its more comfortable for me. I wanted to use my tag () on the new account....
  6. I'm getting bullied with my name please can I have a free gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm getting bullied with my name please can I have a free gamertag: i need a new gamertag because I get bullied with mine please can I have a free gamertag a16b552d-f819-41ab-9de5-1d53520d147c
  7. I need help to free a gamertag name

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help to free a gamertag name: Hi, i need help freeing a gamertag name [Mod Removed]. I need updates on my email as soon as possible please. 8cbd24eb-0182-465a-ac10-f4ae79e64773
  8. Force changing Gamertag without a free name change after

in XBoX on Consoles
    Force changing Gamertag without a free name change after: I'm here writing this out of complete confusion. My gamer tag' "Im 2brazy bih" was force changed for no reason. There is nothing wrong with the gamer tag as to racism or anything in that mater....
  9. Whether a name of gamertag becomes free after I rename it or delete it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whether a name of gamertag becomes free after I rename it or delete it?: I have 2 Xbox accounts with 2 gamertags. Can I change the name of gamertag (or even delete it) in one account to release it, so that I would be able to change to this name from my second account?...
  10. My Gamertag was reset and I did not recieve a free name change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was reset and I did not recieve a free name change.: Before you read, I admit the Gamertag could be taken as offensive but have no idea how it has 'Sexual Content' in it. Well, one day I had went on my Xbox One and noticed my Gamertag had been...