Xbox Gamertag Change Enforced

Discus and support Xbox Gamertag Change Enforced in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I've seen multiple questions from different people that have had their gamertag automatically changed. I have also experienced this but I have no... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kiilCode, May 25, 2022.

1. kiilCode
    kiilCode Guest

Hi,

I've seen multiple questions from different people that have had their gamertag automatically changed. I have also experienced this but I have no way of contacting the enforcement team to request a way for them to check why this change happened. The different questions seem to go unanswered.

Is there anyone that knows how I can contact the xbox enforcement team? Perhaps a social channel or something

:)

kiilCode, May 25, 2022
  2. Boombaa Win User

Enforcement changed my gamer tag...

You can hit the Enforcement team by using
    enforcement.xbox.com
    only, and regarding a forced gamertag change you will not be allowed to get back the old one of course.

This is from the Enforcement site pages:

Can I get a free Gamertag change by going to the enforcement forums?

Some users are under the impression that simply by inquiring about a forced Gamertag change in the enforcement forums XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change. This is not the
    case.

While players are encouraged to post if they have questions about an enforcement action, posting in the forums does not in any way guarantee a free Gamertag change. In the past,
    a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result, the Gamertag enforcement process
    changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process
  3. II M0Z II Win User

ambassador refered me i need enforced gamertag change

Hi best to pay for the change to save enforcement – if you are enforced you could be temporarily suspended for Xbox live and will have enforcement note on your account.

Worth 800ms points to fix.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  4. Tormaz Win User

A while ago my Xbox gamertag was changed, which was unauthorized, and I can't change it back without paying now. How can I change it back?

Hello!

Was your gamertag changed by the Xbox enforcement team or was it changed by someone else?
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

My username was changed to GameDvrDisable for some reason

Hello SojaMilch,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your gamertag was changed without your knowledge. The first thing you should check is if the gamertag was changed by the enforcement team. Did you receive any messages from the Xbox Enforcement
    Team regarding your gamertag? We suggest checking your
    enforcement history
    . If you do not wish to retain this gamertag, you can
    change it
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Gamertag banned

Quote from the enforcement site:

"Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
    . "

I might add that doesn't matter how long your gtag was in use if that gtag violates the service rules is subject to enforcement acts
Thema:

1. Xbox Gamertag Change Enforced - Similar Threads - Gamertag Change Enforced

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  10. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...