Xbox gamer tag won’t change

Discus and support Xbox gamer tag won’t change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently changed my gamer tag, but I can’t find it being changed anywhere. The purchase history says it’s confirmed. I’ve tried everything to get it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rasha5572, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Rasha5572
    Rasha5572 Guest

I recently changed my gamer tag, but I can’t find it being changed anywhere. The purchase history says it’s confirmed. I’ve tried everything to get it to change, even removing and adding the account to the xbox.

:)

Rasha5572, Mar 30, 2023
  2. QUEENMISFITS Win User

Gamer tag won’t change

It might take a while to change over.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Gamer Tag won’t change.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Can you please sign in to https://account.xbox.com/profile and check if your Gamertag is already updated? If not yet, attempt to change the Gamertag again but you shouldn't be charged if you can see the status of the Gamertag change stated as "completed" via https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

If you have seen your Gamertag already updated on the website simply remove and re-add your account.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Gamer tag won’t change

It depends on if the game is already capable of supporting the "new" Gamertag format.

Xbox changed the Gamertag system a few months ago, to allow multiple people to have the "same" Gamertag, similar to names on Discord or Battle.net, by adding a number to it.

Newer games, that already support the new Gamertag format, will only show your new name, without the #number to your friends.

Older games, that do not support the new Gamertag format, will show your old Gamertag for a while.
  5. Tomesso Win User

Gamer tag won’t change

6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Can you please sign in to https://account.xbox.com/profile and then check if it was changed from there?

If it was not changed from there as well, kindly try changing it again, but this time, you shouldn't be charged since you have confirmed the transaction on your end.
Thema:

1. Xbox gamer tag won’t change - Similar Threads - gamer tag won’t

2. I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games...: I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games it just shows my old nam. How do I make my new name appear? 299524a7-6e29-4154-8afe-01dd4f58ae31
  3. Gamer tag Won’t Change After Spending £7.99 On It

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer tag Won’t Change After Spending £7.99 On It: Spent £7.99 on a Gamertag Change 2 days ago and it still hasn’t changed anywhere. Can I at least get a refund microsoft if you won’t change my name ab1d0e1d-0356-4b32-b0ac-6fbc8cd86de2
  4. Why won’t it let me change my gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me change my gamer tag?: I’m trying to create a new gamer tag through Xbox 360 so I can have a 15 character limit and I tried “Cookie Muncher” because it no one is using it but it won’t work it says the gamertag is...
  5. Why won’t it let me make another gamer tag when I bought it for $10

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me make another gamer tag when I bought it for $10: So basically I bought the gamer tag thing that lets me buy and change my gamer tag and it won’t let me change it though f6c79ae4-4693-4287-a375-0ee68db7012d
  6. Won’t let me change my gamer tag with the word Boss at the start

in XBoX Accessibility
    Won’t let me change my gamer tag with the word Boss at the start: Won’t let me change my gamer tag with the word Boss at the start For example Boss Jeff and my friends all have names with Boss at the start 24ae0610-7e8f-4580-8055-41ff4c35a6bf
  7. I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live...: I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now bo2 won’t connect to Xbox live(360) with my old gamer tag? How can I fix this? 55fff66a-50d9-4b6b-a2f1-530c067152d3
  8. Help my gamer tag won’t change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help my gamer tag won’t change: My Xbox gamer tag didn’t change I have now paid 20 dollars and tried to change it twice and so far only my classic gamer tag changed the other one hasn’t changed. [img]...
  9. Gamer Tag won’t change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer Tag won’t change.: Last night, I changed my gamer tag and it charged my account for it, but my gamer tag still hasn’t changed to the new one that I changed it too. 8cea3760-d568-4e83-af9a-3a3dfde05121
  10. My gamer tag won’t change

in XBoX on Windows
    My gamer tag won’t change: My gamertag won’t change as I paid for the change before now it had done it instant and it still hasn’t changed please help me 556024a5-be14-4980-a784-023aa9c485b0