Xbox Gamepass Windows 10 Download and Install fails persistently. Error 0x8007001f

Discus and support Xbox Gamepass Windows 10 Download and Install fails persistently. Error 0x8007001f in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; New to Xbox and gamepass, I am having a lot of trouble installing Xbox gamepass games on my windows 10 computer. I have tried basically everything I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EddGlasscote, Feb 12, 2022.

1. EddGlasscote
    EddGlasscote Guest

Xbox Gamepass Windows 10 Download and Install fails persistently. Error 0x8007001f

New to Xbox and gamepass, I am having a lot of trouble installing Xbox gamepass games on my windows 10 computer.

I have tried basically everything I could find online, or from the Xbox support, including, installing and reinstalling gaming services, repairing and resetting Xbox, MS Store and other associated apps to no effect, running a clean boot, constantly checking for updates. No matter what I do it seems to always return error 0x8007001f. Even a reinstall of windows 10 wasn't much help. Any other avenues to explore would be helpful.

Oddly I have been able to install 'Enter the Gungeon' but every other game I have attempted has been unsuccessful. It could perhaps be related to the games which require Authorisation, but I am the admin, and running the app in admin mode doesn't help, so I don't know how much the two are related.

I saw a thread suggesting putting a driver online, but I was unable to spot this driver appear in my device manager, so I guess thats not the issue for me.

Thanks, I'm really at a loss here, been bashing my head against this for months at this point, so I appreciate any comments.

Im coming to the end of my promotional subscription, so if I cant get it to work soon I may have to give up and not renew sadly.

:)

EddGlasscote, Feb 12, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

That is interesting indeed.

You are getting an additional error when attempting to clean reboot the PC?

I would like to ask if you try to install other programs/apps from the Store. Does the same issue occur? What kind of storage devices do you have, and how they are attached? (External D: drive, etc)
  3. EddGlasscote Win User

Hi, thanks for the suggestion

I have attempted these steps but I am still met with error 0x8007001f

When I say a reinstall of windows, I tried both a clean boot, and a full reinstall.

I tried to fully reinstall twice. It worked the first time, but didnt solve the xbox error, the second time I recieved another error when trying to do THAT.
    [​IMG]

So I am a bit exasperated to say the least!

Thanks for your suggestions so far.
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello EddGlasscote,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble downloading and installing your games on your PC. Let's try to get you back to gaming.

First, try changing the install location on both your Xbox app and PC settings

On the Xbox App:

• Open the Xbox App
    • Go to your Profile picture > Select Settings
    • Go to the General > then scroll down to Game install options
    • If you have an external HDD, click on the drop-down and change it to another drive
    Note: There's a box you can click to enable it to Ask me for install options on every install.

On the PC:

1. Start > Settings
    2. Click on Storage
    3. Under More storage settings, click Change where new content is saved
    4. Change the default installation location to the drive of your choice.
    5. Apply
    If that does not resolve your issue, please perform an SFC scan.

You can follow the steps in this article: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com)

You mentioned you did a reinstall of Windows 10. Was it a clean boot of the OS? How to perform a clean boot in Windows (microsoft.com)

-Hayabusa
  5. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games initially

I have the same problem here. Every Xbox Game Pass for PC game with "Administrator approval required for installation" in the description fails to install with error code 0x8007001F The game download starts fine, but as soon it gets to the part where the
    installation should start - boom! - error 0x8007001F

The Windows 10 on my computer is up to date. All the device drivers are fine and up to date. The restarting of the computer, change of region settings, reinstalling Xbox Beta app, using Windows Store app instead, reinstalling of Windows 10 on different hard
    drive (and some other of the commonly available "fixes") - nothing helps. The problem persists. The problematic computer is Apple iMac 27-inch model March 2019 with Windows 10 installed on a separate hard drive. On my Lenovo laptop the same Xbox Game Pass
    PC account works without any problems.
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

Unable to install several games (Error 0x8007001f) and unable to play any game with Xbox Game Pass for PC

This may help but I am not sure since you are running a MacBook

Make sure you operating system is completely up to date

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8007001f-0x20006-the-installation-failed/d7b1ee09-b272-4480-bdef-688f07a57a6a

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-update-error-0x8007001f/
Thema:

1. Xbox Gamepass Windows 10 Download and Install fails persistently. Error 0x8007001f - Similar Threads - Gamepass Windows Download

2. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  3. there is no window with games for gamepass, there is only a cloud option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    there is no window with games for gamepass, there is only a cloud option: I run Windows 11 on ARM machine and Xbox app only shows cloud games variant, is there solution for it to get normal game pass list of games? [img] 5346929d-2f41-41c5-98a4-529c75e6f9f6
  4. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...: Every time I try to launch Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in Microsoft Store, and then I immediately get an error. One of these pops up:...
  5. Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11: I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons, left bumper is both scanner and crouch, the...
  6. I'm can't sign in to windows pc gamepass and am missing services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm can't sign in to windows pc gamepass and am missing services: Whenever I try to click on sign in on the gamepass app. It loads a blank screen then closes. I've tried loads of fixes I could find, uninstall and reinstall, repair and reset of gaming services,...
  7. Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10): I tried preloading Starfield via Gamepass through Xbox pc app, and once I reached 55% I received error code '0x87e0000f'. -I have an extra 100gb of space on my SSD where Starfield is downloading....
  8. Xbox gamepass authenticate window keeps popping up and going away

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass authenticate window keeps popping up and going away: Hello I was trying to play Hades off the gamepass on pc however on the xbox app if I click on anything the xbox authenticate window will pop up and go away rapidly many times. When I tried to play...
  9. Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC): Hi, since Torchlight recently had another update (the one introducing the cursed captain char class), I thought I'd give it another go, but it's again unplayable for me: screen res within...
  10. XBOX Gamepass PC - Plague Tale - Window Zoomed In

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Gamepass PC - Plague Tale - Window Zoomed In: Hello, Been enjoying the Beta for Gamepass on the PC by playing Plague Tale for around two weeks. Yesterday, without warning, when I launch the game something funky happens. It appears it...