XBOX Gamepass thinks I'm a child

Discus and support XBOX Gamepass thinks I'm a child in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop and it arrived yesterday and came with a free thing of Gamepass, so i decided to make a new account to use it. Everything went... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by lapisurinal, Jan 8, 2022.

  1. lapisurinal
    lapisurinal Guest

    XBOX Gamepass thinks I'm a child


    I bought a new laptop and it arrived yesterday and came with a free thing of Gamepass, so i decided to make a new account to use it. Everything went well until today when I attempted to install an M rated game, where it then said i needed an adult. I have not been able to find fix.

    Here are some additional details:

    I made the account yesterday so its brand new. The birthday listed on it is over 20 years old, I checked.

    I have tried changing the birthday, signing out and signing in, and I know about using my phone.

    Windows is up to date. I literally started my brand new laptop up for the first time less than 24 hours ago.

    :)
     
    lapisurinal, Jan 8, 2022
    #1
  2. Georges C. Win User

    XBOX Gamepass thinks I'm a child

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello Lapisurinal, this is really strange, as this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and neither your account, the ideal would be to contact Xbox support via chat to check what can happen to your account.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us
  3. ksp111133 Win User

    Xbox Game Pass thinks that I'm child

    Same thing , account details says I'm the correct age ( Not a child). Won't let me download still.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

    Xbox Game Pass thinks that I'm child

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    Go to - https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

    Clicked on "Edit Day of Birth"

    Fill out the info (even if current DOB on account is correct) & submit

    Open up Game Pass app on PC, log out of account

    Sign back into account
  5. madnessfan345367 Win User

    Xbox Game Pass thinks that I'm child

    having the same issue, the log-out method is not working
  6. SynnoNym Win User

    Xbox Game Pass thinks that I'm child

    This is what worked for me:

    - log out from xbox and microsoft store

    - go to the app overview in windows settings

    - search for the microsoft store and xbox apps (xbox, game bar...)

    - go to the advanced options for every single of these apps and click on "repair" and "reset"

    - restart your pc

    after that log in and try again. would be interesting if it works for you too.
Thema:

XBOX Gamepass thinks I'm a child

Loading...
  1. XBOX Gamepass thinks I'm a child - Similar Threads - Gamepass thinks I'm

  2. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  3. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  4. Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?: My microsoft account already supports my region but why cant have gamepass in that region as well this is more of a suggestion if its possible to make it available in nigeria cause sometimes...
  5. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  6. I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library

    in XboX Insiders
    I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library: I really wanted to play the saboteur but I could not because gamepass can't download it is there a solution or is this game just unplayable in 2026 submitted by /u/Cautious-Piano-9739 [link]...
  7. Erro ao baixar Rematch - Erro 0x80073cfb - Gamepass PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Erro ao baixar Rematch - Erro 0x80073cfb - Gamepass PC: Olá pessoal, estou com um erro ao baixar o Rematch. Já tentei alguns tutoriais no YouTube e aqui no Reddit, mas nada funciona. O que pode ser? Baixei o Forza Horizon 6 há alguns dias e não tive...
  8. So I bought gamepass and live together thinking the normal gamepass came with live but...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    So I bought gamepass and live together thinking the normal gamepass came with live but...: So I bought gamepass normal thinking it came with live but when I tried using multi-player it didn't work so I though okay I screwed up might as well buy live and wait till next month to get...
  9. Having a problem with gamepass and im starting to think the problem isnt my PC with error...

    in XboX Insiders
    Having a problem with gamepass and im starting to think the problem isnt my PC with error...: ive had game pass on pc downloaded for months with no problems for the most part. last night I downloaded the new ori and it was fine, then I tried downloading the old ori and the blind forest...
  10. Can we ever own cuphead with gamepass I think it would be amazing addition to gamepass and...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can we ever own cuphead with gamepass I think it would be amazing addition to gamepass and...: Cuphead is wounderful will we ever see DLC or it on gamepass playable? 2217c22a-1e9a-4e9a-8eb1-57fe3dd93efc