Xbox GamePass PC - How to schedule updates overnight.

Discus and support Xbox GamePass PC - How to schedule updates overnight. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm on a metered connection that doesn't count data through the wee hours of midnight to 4 AM. I'm trying to setup my updates on Xbox Gamepass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoeAntone, Nov 9, 2023.

  1. JoeAntone
    JoeAntone Guest

    Xbox GamePass PC - How to schedule updates overnight.


    Hello, I'm on a metered connection that doesn't count data through the wee hours of midnight to 4 AM.

    I'm trying to setup my updates on Xbox Gamepass to update in this manner similar to Steam (lifesaver - heaven help me BG3 updates and my poor connection), but the only option is to automatically update, and when its on, it does just that, automatically updates everything NOW.

    Aside from staying up late (I'm not young anymore, I simply have to sleep to be awake enough for work) to manually update, is there a function to schedule them?

    :)
     
    JoeAntone, Nov 9, 2023
    #1
  2. Renatodibi Win User

    Xbox GamePass PC - How to schedule updates overnight.

    Hi JoeAntone.

    My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    I'm sorry for your issue. Your question has intrigued me. I understand that you have a specific need given your type of connection. I've tried to gather all the possible information on the settings, but there isn't a scheduler that you can set to decide when to download updates. You can only set the update while the console is turned off, but I believe you already knew this.

    Best regards
    Renato
  3. DeadJerichoUK Win User

    No longer getting Game Bar notifications

    same for me.

    just got an achievement and reward notification while playing unpacking via gamepass ultimate on my pc

    never received any notifications for that game before today despite earning achievements.

    havent changed a single thing on my pc.

    did notice that gamebar updated overnight.

    seems its a very buggy piece of software. definitely needs some work
  4. Christyna64 Win User

    xbox game pass pc graphics running hot on some games

    I've noticed that on Xbox Gamepass PC the games aren't optimized or updated the same as a regular release of a game. Some games on Gamepass PC don't have achievents when the console version does. The Gamepass versions seem to be different some how. Maybe
    try resetting the Xbox beta app by right clicking it, then click more, then app settings.
  5. Mark.Giles Win User

    Still no fix: We were unable to turn on your console...

    Update; problem has resurfaced today. Overnight, PC was shut down, but the Xbox One, as always, remained plugged-in, and in Instant On state. This morning, from the PC, I tried to "Turn-On" the console, but received the "We were unable to turn on your
    console" message. I am very keen to help troubleshoot this issue, so if anyone wants to ask me to try things, please reply.

    It definitely seems to be related to how long the xbox one is in its "off" mode; last night, I was able to turn it on and off from PC several times, but this was in the space of 10 minutes or so. Leaving it overnight, the problem has returned.
  6. VileOyster0701 Win User

    The ads are locking up the game.

    Finally got it -- there was a Microsoft update installed on my PC overnight -- when I uninstalled it, the games worked again; no freezing on the ads.
Thema:

Xbox GamePass PC - How to schedule updates overnight.

Loading...
  1. Xbox GamePass PC - How to schedule updates overnight. - Similar Threads - GamePass schedule updates

  2. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  3. Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?: My microsoft account already supports my region but why cant have gamepass in that region as well this is more of a suggestion if its possible to make it available in nigeria cause sometimes...
  4. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  5. I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library

    in XboX Insiders
    I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library: I really wanted to play the saboteur but I could not because gamepass can't download it is there a solution or is this game just unplayable in 2026 submitted by /u/Cautious-Piano-9739 [link]...
  6. Erro ao baixar Rematch - Erro 0x80073cfb - Gamepass PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Erro ao baixar Rematch - Erro 0x80073cfb - Gamepass PC: Olá pessoal, estou com um erro ao baixar o Rematch. Já tentei alguns tutoriais no YouTube e aqui no Reddit, mas nada funciona. O que pode ser? Baixei o Forza Horizon 6 há alguns dias e não tive...
  7. Nitro Gamepass bundle not working?

    in XboX Insiders
    Nitro Gamepass bundle not working?: Am I the only one whose having issues with still not being able to have access to Xbox live through the Discord Nitro bundle? Like It's active right now but it's not working at all and I'm a...
  8. Why cant i play rugby league 26 with cloud gaming even tho i have gamepass ultimate

    in XboX Insiders
    Why cant i play rugby league 26 with cloud gaming even tho i have gamepass ultimate: Game purchase required. Cloud playable with gamepass essential, premium, ultimate. can someone explain what it means? submitted by /u/jjbapeakwatcher [link] [comments]
  9. xbox gamepass ultimate i got a trick for it

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox gamepass ultimate i got a trick for it: and u must have game pass ultimate already for it to work submitted by /u/Interesting_Leg_3084 [link] [comments]
  10. Borrow game feature. With gamepass. Lets up to 4 friends borrow any game in you library for...

    in XboX Insiders
    Borrow game feature. With gamepass. Lets up to 4 friends borrow any game in you library for...: Ok this was just a thought. Why does xbox come out with a borrow game feature? That would give people a great reason to come back to game pass. Now hear me out. If one of your freinds have a game...