Xbox Gamepass games giving me "No applicable app licenses found" error frequently

Discus and support Xbox Gamepass games giving me "No applicable app licenses found" error frequently in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, so a week or so ago I tried starting up a game I had been playing through Gamepass, and I had an error pop up saying "No applicable app licenses... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shamrock2534, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Shamrock2534
    Shamrock2534 Guest

Xbox Gamepass games giving me "No applicable app licenses found" error frequently

Hey, so a week or so ago I tried starting up a game I had been playing through Gamepass, and I had an error pop up saying "No applicable app licenses found". After doing a little digging, I found that I could run Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} through powershell, restart my computer, and that would fix it.

The problem is, this seems to only be a temporary fix, because a day or two later I'll just end up having the same exact issue pop up again. Does anyone know how to permanently fix this, or am I just going to have to keep restarting my computer every time I see it? I had gone several months of using Gamepass without this ever being an issue, and now suddenly it's become a super common thing.

:)

Shamrock2534, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

The only solution to that error is to Re-register Windows Store apps

Press Windows Key + S and type powershell

Right-click on Windows PowerShell and choose Run as administrator.

In the PowerShell command window, type following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart the computer.

Since it only fixes the issue temporarily then you should try and restore Windows or reset it keeping apps https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how...

Hope this helps
  3. ClausReich Win User

No Applicable App Licenses Found

You're welcome!

Make sure that if you have any other questions, try to get in touch with us in the Community again!

Regards,

Claus R.
  4. XplosiveP3nguin Win User

I have already seen this posted and tried it however, I will try it again in a second.
  5. ClausReich Win User

I see. In this case, it would be necessary to re-register the Microsoft Store. Follow these steps:

1. On the Start Menu, search for PowerShell.

2. Right-click on PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. In the PowerShell window, type this command and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Restart the computer.

5. Check if the game is now working.
  6. XplosiveP3nguin Win User

I just tried, followed with a PC restart and the same error still occurs. Though I thankyou for the response!
Thema:

1. Xbox Gamepass games giving me "No applicable app licenses found" error frequently - Similar Threads - Gamepass games giving

2. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  3. Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?: On forza, every time I hit the e-brake it makes the telemetry menu pop up. In rocket league, A is Jump. B is jump & boost. LT is Jump & boost. RT is drive and boost. B is just boost. X is drift &...
  4. How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?: Answer in title. How can i use PS4 controller with PC Gamepass games? DS4Windows isnt helping even with xbox 360 emulation. f80f36ef-95fa-46d4-a9f4-df4c9716716d
  5. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  6. PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.: All of a sudden when I go to play Fallout 76 on my PC via Xbox game pass the game starts up just as it always had except now right when its at the title screen the game seemingly crashes with no...
  7. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  8. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  9. Play a PC game gamepass reward it's giving me 10 points instead of 50

in XBoX Accessibility
    Play a PC game gamepass reward it's giving me 10 points instead of 50: Hello, I noticed from 2 days in a row. Play a PC Game reward it's giving me 10 points instead of the 50 it should. I'm located in spain. So i missed 80 points. Could you please check if it's a...
  10. PC Gamepass "Give PC Game Pass" Referral Link Not Working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Gamepass "Give PC Game Pass" Referral Link Not Working: Hi, Microsoft. So I tried to share my free 14-day gamepass codes to my friends, but when they accessed the link it says the URL is no longer available, specifically it says: "The URL may be...