Xbox gamebar won’t stay open on pc

Discus and support Xbox gamebar won’t stay open on pc in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; The gamebar opens for a split second then closes every time, if I use the home button on a controller is does the same thing but completely stops... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ikeolu, Nov 19, 2022.

1. ikeolu
    ikeolu Guest

The gamebar opens for a split second then closes every time, if I use the home button on a controller is does the same thing but completely stops opening after the first try. I’ve seen this question on another post and I’ve tried every single thing they listed plus more from articles and it still doesn’t work. I’m on windows 11 home and everything’s up to date I just don’t get it.

:)

ikeolu, Nov 19, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ikeolu

May I know if you tried reinstalling the game bar via powershell command?

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

If maybe that doesn't work please delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, could be a corruption on the other user, you can try to fix it using the solution D or E

Usually these solutions fix corruption problems.

If the issue persists after that the best option is use this new user and move the files and folders from the corrupter user to this new user
  4. ikeolu Win User

Yup I’ve tried this already. And all the command prompts etc. I think it just might come down to factory resetting my pc at this point.
  5. ikeolu Win User

So it actually started opening with windows + g. But it starts doing it again when I use the controller. So really the problem is it doesn’t like the controller and I don’t know why.
  6. Comadoof84 Win User

I have the same issue. Its infuriating
Thema:

1. Xbox gamebar won’t stay open on pc - Similar Threads - gamebar won’t stay

2. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  3. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  4. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  5. gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps

in XBoX on Windows
    gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps: I did set the video framerate to 60 but when recording only 37.49 fps. My gameplay was more than 100 fps. 7657e413-e200-4e8e-937f-c1e8b807437e
  6. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  7. how to i get Xbox gamebar to stop opening with my controller

in XBoX on Windows
    how to i get Xbox gamebar to stop opening with my controller: I've tried literally everything, every setting related to gamebar I've unchecked/ checked. and still without fail it continues to open with my xbox button. I'm trying to use steam big picture mode...
  8. my gamebar doesnt get any invites how do i fix this

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my gamebar doesnt get any invites how do i fix this: i am on windows 11 pro and on a desktop i keep trying to find how to allow running in the background i cant find it so how am i supposed to fix it ive repaired it and ive done the restarting of...
  9. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e
  10. Im having trouble joining group posts on xbox gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im having trouble joining group posts on xbox gamebar: im pressing the "Im interested" button but when i get confirmed i have no invite or notification to join? ive tried using different games and updating the game bar and repairing in microsoft...