Xbox gamebar unable to capture and record my games/screen in Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox gamebar unable to capture and record my games/screen in Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox gamebar is unable to capture and record moments in the past or start recording when I'm playing a game. I'm only able to interact with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Krish K., Aug 25, 2022.

1. Krish K.
    Krish K. Guest

My Xbox gamebar is unable to capture and record moments in the past or start recording when I'm playing a game. I'm only able to interact with the microphone button. Everything else as you can see in the image is unavailable for interaction. Is there any way to troubleshoot/fix this problem?

Xbox gamebar unable to capture and record my games/screen in Windows 11 [​IMG]

:)

Krish K., Aug 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Please attach a picture. I want to confirm if you're on the correct path!

I'll be waiting
  3. Krish K. Win User

Hey Josef, when I checked in the registry editor, I wasn't able to find a Game DVR Folder, I only found a GameInput folder & GameInstaller Folder. What should I do?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's odd, Krish may I know if your graphics card support the minimum requirements to record video?

http://web.archive.org/web/20190806093947/https...

If that's the case, this started to happen once you upgraded to Windows 11? or you received a Windows 11 update and after that game bar doesn't work anymore?

By the way, when you said "restarting my computer", are you referring to factory reset it?

If yes, how did you do it? Via Windows settings?

Original source (non available right now): https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/...

**This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Krish K. Win User

Do you think this might be a hardware issue or something because all my Nvidia drivers have been updated through the Geforce Experience app on my computer.
  6. Krish K. Win User

Hey Josef, when I restarted I meant just the normal soft restart not a full factory reset. I have an Nvidia GTX 1660ti graphics with 6GB VRAM and 16GB RAM. I also have an intel core i7. My computer is a Lenovo legion i5.

This is my full device specifications:
    Device name LAPTOP-D9M0P697

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Device ID 857A5312-2A04-431C-9787-B82D1320B0A4

Product ID 00325-81907-55355-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

I am not sure if this happened due to the Windows 11 upgrade but before when I was on Windows 10, the gamebar used to work perfectly so that may be the case.
Thema:

1. Xbox gamebar unable to capture and record my games/screen in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - gamebar unable capture

2. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  5. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  6. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  7. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  8. gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps

in XBoX on Windows
    gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps: I did set the video framerate to 60 but when recording only 37.49 fps. My gameplay was more than 100 fps. 7657e413-e200-4e8e-937f-c1e8b807437e
  9. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  10. Xbox gamebar unable to record

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamebar unable to record: [img] So this happened when i updated to windows 11, when i try to record there nothing showed so i open the gamebar and see that the record button color is just gray. Also it didnt said...