Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

Discus and support Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Echo747, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Echo747
    Echo747 Guest

Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an error message, and the only thing that is missing right now is the social menu where I can join and invite friends from. As of now, I can't recieve invites or see friends online. I'm not sure if this is a me specific problem or if I have to go and update something for this to work properly. So sorry for the issue Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing :(

:)

Echo747, Mar 29, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Echo747. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, I would like to suggest some potential fixes. Please try recording after performing each one.

A. Verify that you have the latest version of the game bar installed. You can check for app updates by opening the Microsoft Store > Library > Get Updates.

Once everything is up-to-date, restart your PC and try again.

B. Press the Windows key and type Game Bar, then right-click on it and click on “App Settings”.
    Then click on “repair” and "reset”.
    After this, restart your PC before trying again.

C. Open a new PowerShell window as administrator.
    Then copy and paste the following command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC after running the command, open the Microsoft Store, and install the game bar from there. Then, verify if the social menu appears.

D. Right-click on the Windows button and select PowerShell (run as an administrator)
    Then, run the following command: (You may want to copy and paste the entire command)

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}.

This command can take a while to end, but when the process ends, you should be able to type in the PowerShell window.

After that, please restart your computer and check the game bar.

I'll look forward to hearing your comments.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Patirisha Win User

Looking For Group PC To Console

Open Gamebar open Gamebar Widget Menu and add "Looking for group". Done.

Open Console Companion and do like always. Done

Don't open Xbox App because Xbox App is not Gamebar nor Companion.
  4. XBF George L Win User

Performance Tab on gamebar is missing

Hey Sengutso!

Sounds like you are having GameBar issues! Take a look at our Gamebar support articles:

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Keep in mind with updates sometimes certain features are made unavailable. This may not be the case in this instance but it is a possibility.

Let me know if this helps
  5. CianLM Win User

Xbox menus and social problems

You have a good point but if i was to do so i would be excluding that other person and i just believe there is a better solution than getting your friends to picks sides on whos party they want to join because that is the reality, it drive people away not
    brings them together which is what it has the potential to do i am sure not many people have this problem but when you do it is very hard to solve it and that is why i have typed this.

thank you for listening
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox menus and social problems

You say your friends are fine in real life, but they are mean online? Um, yeah, I guess we have different definitions for what we mean by the word friends. Seems like at the very least you need to expand your circle, and start playing with other folks.

As well as the lfg function on console etc, Check out ambassador streams. There are always cool folks there, and they are pretty inclusive, hang around, get to know some of them, engage, join games etc... but you defo shouldn't be tolerating that kind if
    nonsense, even from "friends"
Thema:

1. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing - Similar Threads - gamebar social menu

2. I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC): When joining Xbox parties using PC gamebar or the Xbox app(PC), no one can hear me, my microphone is locked as muted and cannot be changed, and everyone in the party is labeled as disconnected. I...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  6. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  7. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  8. gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps

in XBoX on Windows
    gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps: I did set the video framerate to 60 but when recording only 37.49 fps. My gameplay was more than 100 fps. 7657e413-e200-4e8e-937f-c1e8b807437e
  9. Windows 11 Xbox Gamebar is missing the social feature (friends list, chat)?

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 Xbox Gamebar is missing the social feature (friends list, chat)?: Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but the Xbox Gamebar on Windows 11 is missing most of the features, like social? There is only the Game Capture and Audio functions. When i try to sign into the...
  10. Win 10 Gamebar/Xbox Social/Start a party error

in XboX Insiders
    Win 10 Gamebar/Xbox Social/Start a party error: 0x00000000 then party closes. Just trying to use the Voicechat that I used all the time and this error has been coming up now for the past month. I had to do a fresh install due to reasons on my...