Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

Discus and support Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/HumbleDuker, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic tester and it sounded just fine so i believe it's something to do with xbox. Anyone else run into this problem?

submitted by /u/HumbleDuker
    [link] [comments]

/u/HumbleDuker, Aug 23, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Anthony Vacchio Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

The only way I can talk to my friends is when the party chat is pin. When the party chat is unpin I can hear my friend but they don't hear me. When I tried to allow xbox gamebar background permissions I don't have the option.
  3. Rewards828 Win User

I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

That's not really my issue. My friends can hear me while I have Game Bar up on screen. As soon as I exit and play my game, my friends can't hear me. I just figured out that if I pin the party chat widget on game bar so it stays there when I exit game bar, my friends will still be able to hear me. For now that's what I'll stick with, but I'd like to be able to remove the party chat widget from my screen.
  4. SpLiTsCaTTeReD Win User

Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak
    into my microphone, I can see the party chat flare light up, so the Xbox app is picking up my mic (but I can't see their flare when they speak). I'm using a split 3.5mm jack with an Astro A10 headset. My mic works fine on Discord and other services, but for
    some reason the Xbox Companion app isn't working. I've tried changing the audio settings both on the Xbox app and Windows to other devices, made sure my privacy settings allowed my mic to be used on the Xbox app, hard resetting the Xbox app, restarting my
    PC, plugging my headset/mic out and back in, messed around with my mic settings on Windows and the Game Bar. For some reason, my microphone, specifically in an Xbox One party chat using the Xbox Companion app, doesn't seem to work. Both the Xbox app and Windows
    is up to date. Like I said before, the party chat is picking up my mic evidenced by the flare when I speak, but my friends can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've looked up and tried almost every troubleshoot option online and nothing is working, and it's
    driving me mad. It used to work on my old PC, and I just got a brand new PC yesterday as of posting this and now the problem occurs. Anyone else having this issue? Anybody know how to fix it? Please help!
    Currently April 25th/2020

Still no fix
  5. Rewards828 Win User

I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

I shouldn't have to have anything overlaying for the party chat to work. All the time up to now, I never had anything overlaying while I played, with no problems. But all of a sudden, if I don't have it overlaying, my friends can't hear me? I CAN STILL HEAR MY FRIENDS BUT THEY CANNOT HEAR ME.
  6. Qvx Win User

Xbox mic problem

It doesnt rlly help tho i was able to hear myself through putting the mic monitoring up which means my mic is picking up my sound however it doesnt change the fact that my sound wont register in party chat
Thema:

Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

1. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me? - Similar Threads - Gamebar picking sound

2. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  5. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  6. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  7. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  8. gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps

in XBoX on Windows
    gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps: I did set the video framerate to 60 but when recording only 37.49 fps. My gameplay was more than 100 fps. 7657e413-e200-4e8e-937f-c1e8b807437e
  9. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  10. Gamebar audio doesn't pick up mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Gamebar audio doesn't pick up mic: Hello I am having issues with xbox gamebar when i have it on "all" audio for capturing clips it picks up discord and other sounds but not my mic but if I were to toggle "game" it picks up my mic...