Xbox gamebar/game dvr on windows 10 has bad audio quality. Looking for fixes

Discus and support Xbox gamebar/game dvr on windows 10 has bad audio quality. Looking for fixes in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been using the xbox game bar app to record some games lately. However, when I do that, my audio quality becomes fuzzy, unclear and awful. I have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ImportedParmesan, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Xbox gamebar/game dvr on windows 10 has bad audio quality. Looking for fixes

I've been using the xbox game bar app to record some games lately. However, when I do that, my audio quality becomes fuzzy, unclear and awful. I have tried various "solutions" to this problem already, including going to the recording settings for audio, turning up my microphone settings altogether, and even getting a new microphone, yet the problem persists. What's worse, my audio records near perfectly in other programs like obs and discord. However, I cannot use things like obs to record due to hardware limitations. Any help would be very much appreciated!

submitted by /u/ImportedParmesan
    [link] [comments]

/u/ImportedParmesan, Nov 10, 2020
  2. XBF George L Win User

Performance Tab on gamebar is missing

Hey Sengutso!

Sounds like you are having GameBar issues! Take a look at our Gamebar support articles:

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Keep in mind with updates sometimes certain features are made unavailable. This may not be the case in this instance but it is a possibility.

Let me know if this helps
  3. Shadowhaxor Win User

Problems with Game DVR

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the DVR. Since Xbox on Windows uses the Windows settings, there's where you need to start looking into.

If you head to PC settings -> Gaming -> Game DVR, this is where the settings are. You mentioned audio issues, so I would check the "Recorded Audio" setting and see what it's set to. If the quality is bad, you'll need to up to a better quality. As for the
    video, if it has issues, it may be an issue with the frame rate capture. Make sure it is set to 30FPS and not 60FPS. While 60FPS is superior, it also requires more processing power and it could be an issue if you're playing a game that is using most of the
    computer's processing. Also, lower the video quality to standard.

Hopefully, this should help you get back to recording your games.
  4. Mister Maka Win User

DVR isn't picking up audio input from my microphone

Hey LEIGHTON LEGEND,

Windows 10 Xbox DVR will record the game audio, but it does not record input voices or external audio. There is a setting to enable audio with Game DVR, but that setting is for enabling game audio. This page outlines all information on how to

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

If you'd like to give some feedback for future updates definitely head over to http://xbox.uservoice.com/.
  5. Ackis Win User

Game DVR audio channels

6. Dean Bonsall Win User

My game dvr clips sometimes get corrupted!

Same thing here. It worked great for the first week after I installed, but now every recording has pixelated horizontal lines all the way through the video. I've tried adjusting every setting on the DVR and in my game. All of my drivers are up to date as
    well. It's very frustrating and appears to be a common issue. Please fix this MS!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/windows-10-game-dvr-footage-has-b...

Recording quality after install:

https://youtu.be/BNcsMwGvveA

Recording quality now:

https://youtu.be/0sIUcy2MIgE
Thema:

Xbox gamebar/game dvr on windows 10 has bad audio quality. Looking for fixes

1. Xbox gamebar/game dvr on windows 10 has bad audio quality. Looking for fixes - Similar Threads - gamebar game dvr

2. PC Gamebar Looking For Group not showing all my games.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Gamebar Looking For Group not showing all my games.: I got the new Forza Motorsport recently and the LFG doesn't show the game as an option. I don't see an option to search for games or add games, there is only a list of seemingly random games, some...
  3. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...
  4. Whenever I open my gallery tab on the xbox gamebar a bunch of icons from games appear...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever I open my gallery tab on the xbox gamebar a bunch of icons from games appear...: [img] The thing is that once I click the "open in file explorer" it sends me to my Local Disk so I'm guessing that it may have something to do in there. [img]...
  5. PC Gamebar Look For Group not showing all my games.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Gamebar Look For Group not showing all my games.: I got the new Forza Motorsport recently and the LFG doesn't show the game as an option. I don't see an option to search for games or add games, there is only a list of seemingly random games, some...
  6. Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings: Hello there, As mentioned in the title, when going to the Settings and more specifically to the "gaming features" section, there are no options there. The only thing I can see is that the PC I'm...
  7. I cannot sign into xbox game bar or several other microsoft services (Xbox GameBar on PC)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into xbox game bar or several other microsoft services (Xbox GameBar on PC): When ever I try to login to Xbox game bar, the app will display the signing in screen for a split second then return to the "sign in button". my system is up to date, I have tried resetting,...
  8. Xbox Gamebar Footage looks extremely laggy and choppy while in game isn't laggy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar Footage looks extremely laggy and choppy while in game isn't laggy: So recently as of a few days, whenever I look back on my xbox gamebar footage, the footage is extremely laggy and choppy. I've been using xbox gamebar for 8 months now and I haven't ever had this...
  9. Xbox Gamebar Status Not showing Game Currently Playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar Status Not showing Game Currently Playing: Xbox Gamebar Status Not showing Game Currently Playing. It worked for years for me, now it keep only showing "Online" status. Already tried lot of troubleshooting, also clean Windows reinstall...
  10. Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,...: I'm running the game, discord and xbox gamebar at the same time. when I turn on gamebar recording, the xbox mic will switch off. Discord can still hear me but when I watch back the recording, only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 game bar microphone quality sucks