Xbox gamebar capture not recording microphone.

Discus and support Xbox gamebar capture not recording microphone. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason when i have my capture settings set to record game, enabled mic, apps, and system, the clips will not have any audio from my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AG260, Mar 18, 2023.

1. AG260
    AG260 Guest

For some reason when i have my capture settings set to record game, enabled mic, apps, and system, the clips will not have any audio from my microphone. When it is just selected to record game and enabled mic it works just fine and I can hear my voice in the clips. I am often speaking in discord with friends so i'd like to be able to record other apps aswell as just the game in my clips. I don't know how to fix this issue as it seems to work fine when its just game and mic.

:)

AG260, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Farscape247 Win User

xbox game bar captured video doesn't show application's icon

Use OBS to record and set as display capture, gamebar will only capture application window and it ignores a lot of overlays, CAD apparently loves to draw elements onto overlay which some screen recorders ignore or cannot record. OBS will capture most but will also miss some.
  3. iTsFx Win User

Equipments for the recording such as Gaming, etc

If you're having trouble hearing your voice in recorded game footage, it's likely that you need to use an external microphone to capture your audio. The Xbox Series S controller has a built-in microphone, but it may not be sensitive enough to pick up your voice clearly during gameplay.

To record your voice, you can use a headset with a built-in microphone or a standalone microphone. A popular choice for gaming content creators is the Blue Yeti microphone, which offers high-quality audio recording and a variety of settings for different recording scenarios.

Once you have a microphone set up, you can adjust the audio settings in the Xbox Series S settings menu to ensure that your voice is being recorded. Make sure that the "Capture party audio" and "Capture microphone audio" settings are both turned on.

If you're still having trouble hearing your voice in recorded game footage after trying these steps, it's possible that there may be a technical issue with your console or recording software. In that case, you may want to reach out to Xbox or the software provider for further assistance.
  4. grafix143 Win User

Xbox Capture

I am using a capture card - external and a microphone on PC or laptop to stream or record .

this is the only option if you want your voice to be recorded .
  5. ngocphi Win User

XBox is not Recording my screen

Screen capture is different from video recording

With screen capture you don't need fps

In game capture even 1 lost frame can be 10-30secs if lost video or audio this requires encoding by your gpu

If your screen capture is so good try yours and see what happens it's not the same as game capture like gamebar
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Gamebar accesing microphone even though it does NOT have permission

Hello benblender,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that that you're experiencing issues with Gamebar accessing your microphone without permission. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

If you have already disabled Gamebar's access to your microphone and it is still accessing your microphone, you can try resetting the Gamebar app. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "ms-settings:gaming-gamebar" and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to the "Reset" section and click on the "Reset" button.

If the issue still persists, we can stop the Gamebar from recording the background audio. You can go to Settings > Gaming > Game DVR and turn off the toggle switch under Record in the background.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox gamebar capture not recording microphone. - Similar Threads - gamebar capture recording

2. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  5. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  6. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  7. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  8. gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps

in XBoX on Windows
    gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps: I did set the video framerate to 60 but when recording only 37.49 fps. My gameplay was more than 100 fps. 7657e413-e200-4e8e-937f-c1e8b807437e
  9. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  10. Microsoft Gamebar recordings capture static noise after getting a Razer Leviathan V2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Gamebar recordings capture static noise after getting a Razer Leviathan V2: Hi, as the title says. I've troubleshooted this with Razer themselves, and we've confirmed that the Leviathan is fully updated, and using OBS or Nvidia's recording system, there is no static over...