Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility?

Discus and support Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020.

  1. Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility?


    We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The store already has a function to do this with Movies & Tv Shows. So why not take it one step further and allow us the ability to rent any game on the store? Would only require an extra button next to "Buy" in the store and the same functionality of removing the ability to play the game after a set rental period. Just like how "Free Play Days" work. I know the counter to my argument will be "but muh game pass". But there is no reason the two can't exist together. Game Pass is a Flat Rate service. Game Rental would be pay as you go.

    Just like the old days of going to the video store and renting a game (or Sega Megadrive ). It also allows people to try before they buy. I bought many a game back in the day this way. It also helps with buyers remorse and hostility towards game developers.

    It would give people another good reason to play Xbox instead of PlayStation and work towards Microsoft being the Netflix of gaming.

    But hey, if Microsoft hates money. That's cool. Just ignore me .

    submitted by /u/leftrightparadox
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020
    #1
  2. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

    Weapons in '**** Kit Shortcut"

    Should of use the money to rent your own server. Or for future dlc.
  3. demonkiller9109 Win User

    Anyone else having extreme problems with Saints Row 4?

    From what I'm understanding , the Xbox is having a hard time reading the disc. Since it was rented , it is a good possibility that it was rented prior to you renting it and was not taken care of. If it loads the game , I suggest installing it to your hard-drive.
    This should help troubleshoot the issue more efficiently. If the problem persists , please contact 800-469-9269 to speak with a LIVE Representative. I hope this helped. Sincerely , Xbox Ambassador Levi.
  4. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

    What do you NOT want to see in BF4?

    Doubt there will be any change for BF4. Same old stuff of premium and rent a server with better graphics and hopefully 64 player servers for XBOX One. Only change is the possible increase in cost of the game might be $70 instead of $60. Then tack on premium
    of probably another $50. Then rent a server and what not.
  5. Sword Style Win User

    Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer.

    I hope it's nothing like Left 4 Dead or AVP. If it is, then I forsee a rent in its future.
  6. IRB Win User

    My Movies and Videos won't play on my phone

    Just a note to Shockwave2211, if you rented the video on your Surface, you can only watch it on the Surface. You cannot rent on one device and continue on a different one. Perhaps they will enhance this in the future, but currently that is the way it works.
Thema:

Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility?

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility? - Similar Threads - Game Renting future

  2. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  3. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  4. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  5. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  6. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  7. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  8. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  9. XBOX X: rented games from Library not playing

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX X: rented games from Library not playing: Son just got an XBOX X and wanted to try out some games from the library before buying them. All 4 he's tried, threw the disc in the console, nothing loaded, nothing downloaded or started...
  10. I am unable to rent movies and download games from my game pass for 2 days. Please help me.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to rent movies and download games from my game pass for 2 days. Please help me.: I can't load games from my game pass and won't let me rent movies. please help. f2160cef-34bc-4068-a11f-ee0be9f6448a