Xbox Game pass unpacking download not working

Discus and support Xbox Game pass unpacking download not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to download unpacking on gamepass and get the error 0x80240438, the error stays there if I uninstall the app completely, and all the other fixes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TaylorWilliams8, Dec 5, 2021.

  1. Xbox Game pass unpacking download not working


    Trying to download unpacking on gamepass and get the error 0x80240438, the error stays there if I uninstall the app completely, and all the other fixes i could find.

    downloading other games works fine, canceling the installation doesn't seem to work either.

    :)
     
    TaylorWilliams8, Dec 5, 2021
    #1
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Xbox Game pass unpacking download not working

    Hi there Taylor welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Well, I suggest you try this:

    Open the Settings app it is the gear in the start menu.

    Open Accounts

    Click Sign-in Options

    Scroll down to Privacy

    Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

    Restart your PC!
  3. Farscape247 Win User

    MSFS 2020 : you do not have enough space on this disk

    because the game is approx 135GB on PC but it requires a min of 150GB available and when downloading will require much more due to downloading and unpacking the files, once the files are unpacked and installed the temp files are removed.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Slow internet equals sadness -_-

    but the thing with the downloads on xbox live is the game comes down unpacked, the more files there are the slower the transfer speed and games can contain thousands of small files which will go to crawl speeds, if it was one large file then the download
    speed would stabalise at a faster rate, they should just download a zipped up package then unpack locally which would reduce download times and reduce data usage.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

    Remote install by Game Pass Android App

    Hi

    Yes console is paired with app.

    I had a problem to download Forza Horizon 5 from the app but oddly today i have tried to download another game (Unpacking) and both the download has started.

    Thanks
    Ye I also had the same issue, but I set Unpacking to download and it worked fine.

    I get the feeling it was a problem at Microsoft end and nothing we could fix.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Downloading issue

    Hi,

    Are you having downloading issues though? What I mean is, are your downloads taking longer than expected?

    When you download Xbox games via the Xbox Store, they often come down compressed in some manner, this is to cut down on the download time and bandwidth used. These downloaded compressed files need to be un-compressed or 'unpacked'. When this happens, the
    download will drop and may even show a resumption at a faster download speed than you actually have, probably because the data is being cached. What I'm saying is, your games don't just to be downloaded, they are also need to be unpacked and installed.

    This is especially common on the PC game store on Windows 10. I've seen some of my Xbox Windows 10 games go from 80% (with no downloading occurring) to 90% after a few minutes. This was because the system had actually completed the download and was unpacking
    the downloaded files.

    Hope that makes sense.
Thema:

Xbox Game pass unpacking download not working

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game pass unpacking download not working - Similar Threads - Game pass unpacking

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Games of xbox game pass not unpacking

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games of xbox game pass not unpacking: Recently Bought rog ally and it comes with xbox games pass but after installing any game i am not able to unpack it, shows an error, I have tried updating windows and drivers and also fixed the...