XBOX Game Pass Ultimate & Family Sharing for Cloud Gaming?

Discus and support XBOX Game Pass Ultimate & Family Sharing for Cloud Gaming? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, having searched through the topic of family sharing and game passes, it looks as though the topic has been covered many times. I am, however,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shamirt, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Shamirt
    Shamirt Guest

Hi all,

having searched through the topic of family sharing and game passes, it looks as though the topic has been covered many times. I am, however, struggling to find details on sharing an ultimate game pass with my family without an XBOX.

I don't have an XBOX (yet), however our new TV can be used to play games in the cloud. I bought an ultimate game pass yesterday and sure enough, this works fine when logged in to my MS account. This pass doesn't seem to be active for members of my family (we tried logging them on to the TV, and via the XBOX app on their Windows PCs).

Is the Game Pass allowed to be shared with the family when using an XBOX only? This is disappointing if so XBOX Game Pass Ultimate & Family Sharing for Cloud Gaming? :(

Many thanks in advance.

:)

Shamirt, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Qeyxar Win User

Cloud gaming

TL;DR No.

For Cloud Gaming you need to have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription. You can not share it with your family or friends like you can do with other subscription benefits.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Why Cloud gaming wont let me play allowed games?

Cloud gaming can only be played with an account that PURCHASED Game Pass Ultimate. If you are sharing GPU through the Home console feature, then you will not be able to play in the cloud. That is only for the accounts that actually paid for Game Pass Ultimate.
  4. John P_14 Win User

Can’t get Xbox kids accounts to be able to cloud game even though the cloud icon is present.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you need assistance with cloud gaming. Just to clarify, Xbox Family Group is not related to cloud gaming and is only used for managing family members' account restrictions. On an Xbox console, you can share your subscription with family members using the Home Xbox feature. However, please note that only the account that has the Game Pass Ultimate subscription will be able to access cloud gaming, as it is not shareable.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Supporting a cloud user is extremely expensive compared to someone on a console. For example you downloading a 50GB game may cost Microsoft a few cents, but supporting the Series X in their data center, paying for that hardware, the air conditioning, the electricity etc is a big additional expense. You're renting an Xbox for that time. Combine this with the fact the service is still in beta, and likely doesn't have the physical hardware in place quite yet, nor the software for large scale deployment in its launch form.

So please understand why cloud users are limited at this time. I would speculate that MS is looking at new ways to add additional users as soon as they feel they are on solid footing to support it
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cloud gaming is only accessible by the primary account holder. On a physical console as long as everyone’s home Xbox is set to the same unit, you will all be able to access the service.

It’s possible in the future there will be new choices that cover more cloud users,
Thema:

1. XBOX Game Pass Ultimate & Family Sharing for Cloud Gaming? - Similar Threads - Game Pass Ultimate

2. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  3. It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...

in XBoX on Windows
    It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...: It’s not letting me sign in Xbox live for fight night champions and I been playing it for months 57990e78-3fdd-4268-89be-40a1f9326f75
  4. Can't acess xbox game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Can't acess xbox game pass ultimate: (I use pc) Even though i did purchase xbox game pass ultimate, i can't acess game pass ultimate content, neither can i use cloud gaming, i have no clue whats happening at all, when i try to use...
  5. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  6. The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...: So the account I have set on my console as my home Xbox account has the game pass ultimate subscription but when I sign into my account I can't access multiplayer games unless I have that account...
  7. Game pass ultimate not showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass ultimate not showing up: I bought my brother game pass ultimate but it’s only showing he has core. What do we do? 68eab80a-7f24-403a-a6c6-24f906bc181b
  8. If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.

in XboX Insiders
    If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.: If I buy game pass ultimate for 14 days but I currently have game pass core for 12 months. After the game pass ultimate expires will the game pass core start again. submitted by...
  9. Im trying to subscribe to the game pass ultimate that is for one dollar but when I press on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im trying to subscribe to the game pass ultimate that is for one dollar but when I press on...: When I press on the plan to buy the game pass ultimate it’s not working for me 7ba20ecc-3c37-45db-afc8-4b82a0a0d469
  10. what happens if i redeem xbox game pass core (3 months) when i still have 2 months of ultimate?

in XboX Insiders
    what happens if i redeem xbox game pass core (3 months) when i still have 2 months of ultimate?: i was going to redeem it on xbox rewards for 15000 .will it extend my ultimate by 2 months? will it replace my ultimate? . and also its my first time redeeming. will they send me a code or will it...