Xbox Game Pass PC stopped launching Resident Evil 7

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC stopped launching Resident Evil 7 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, as the title says - Game Pass PC stopped launching Resident Evil 7. I recently just installed the most recent quality update to windows 10, then... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jay Trips, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Jay Trips
    Jay Trips Guest

So, as the title says - Game Pass PC stopped launching Resident Evil 7. I recently just installed the most recent quality update to windows 10, then launched Resident Evil 7 from Game Pass as normal and everything was working fine. I continued to play for 20 minutes before the game crashed suddenly, now when I try to launch the game it just doesn't launch or it launches the loading splash screen for 1-2 seconds then immediately closes the game. I tried restarting my pc 3 times with no success at launching the game again. I tried launching the other games I have downloaded on Game Pass PC and they all launch and play perfectly fine with no issues, so the problem seems to be specifically just with Resident Evil 7.

I'm not sure what's causing this specific game not to launch and am unable to locate the issue because there is no error message and it has been working perfectly fine up until now. Has anybody else had this issue or know a fix for it?

Issue: Game Pass PC not launching Resident Evil 7 specifically after launching and running it perfectly fine previously. All other Game Pass PC games still work perfectly.

Recent changes: Small Windows quality update (The game launched fine after the update but crashed 20 mins later and stopped working)

:)

Jay Trips, Dec 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Let’s try to isolate the issue a bit more, for this :

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one causing conflicts

**don’t forget to disable automatic updates temporarily

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

2. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

3. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

4. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. BlackSkye93 Win User

Playing disc games

Yes, I tried that earlier. All of my games work, except for Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 7.

Because it was Resident Evil games that were working, I even tried my digitally downloaded Resident Evil games, but they work just fine.
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Play Anywhere DLC

Hey there Th1nkMcFlyTh1nk.

The content should be available for download on the PC. Have you been able to download Resident Evil 7 without any issues? Does the Season Pass show as purchased in the Windows store?
  5. DylanXXVIII28✔ Win User

What's a game that left an impression on you?

Resident Evil 7, best resident evil since #4 ��
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Creepiest game you ever played?

I Think the Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 7 I never played because is First Person and First Person in Resident Evil don't is great
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC stopped launching Resident Evil 7 - Similar Threads - Game Pass stopped

2. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  3. How do I stop this microsoft game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop this microsoft game pass: How do I stop this microsoft game pass dda29019-cf65-4bbe-bd72-f779e68028a4
  4. My Xbox game clips won’t save anymore. I recently stopped Xbox game pass subscription, is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox game clips won’t save anymore. I recently stopped Xbox game pass subscription, is...: My Xbox game clips won’t save anymore. I recently stopped Xbox game pass subscription, is that why they won’t save? Do you need the game pass to save clips? 53aaf2f3-6fc0-4b13-afd7-7a157904f259
  5. I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...: I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me and I have no shares left is there a fix for this so I can get the game pass again...
  6. Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I try to install a specfic game from pc game pass it stops at 4 percent and...: I have contacted support several times about this issue and they gave many diffrent solutions, however none of them helped and I am dumbfounded at how I have yet to find a solution to this. The...
  7. When loading Dreamlight valley it keeps stopping asking me to purchase a game pass even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When loading Dreamlight valley it keeps stopping asking me to purchase a game pass even...: This has only happened since the last update and I've tried to contact Microsoft Xbox but haven't got anywhere with it. Anyone else have this issue? 800192e5-cb41-4228-a63d-9360e7afa468
  8. Hi, trying to install Flight simulator from game pass, Xbox just says installation stopped...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, trying to install Flight simulator from game pass, Xbox just says installation stopped...: Hi, trying to install Flight simulator from game pass, Xbox just says installation stopped after 1 second. What’s the problem? 44e89382-1837-47cc-b8cc-1cdffa48cabb
  9. How do I stop a recurring payment to Microsoft it's for a game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stop a recurring payment to Microsoft it's for a game pass: How do I stop a recurring direct debit for a gaming pass or how do I cancel gaming pass c53165f1-1cd9-4e3c-b16a-5b4080e2a0c5
  10. Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...: Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly fine on high graphics. And we have our own...