Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching

Discus and support Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have had game pass on PC for a few years now, but in the last couple of months I've noticed that some games will not launch when I press play.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kynchan, May 6, 2022.

  1. kynchan
    kynchan Guest

    Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching


    Hi, I have had game pass on PC for a few years now, but in the last couple of months I've noticed that some games will not launch when I press play. I've tried solutions from other similar posts such as:

    "Try to open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

    Then,restart your computer.

    If the issue persists, go to your computer's settings, go to Applications>Applications and Features>Search for the Gaming Services program, left-click on it and then tap on Advanced options and then click on repair."

    But this did not solve the issue for me.

    Some games will launch fine (ex. Dishonored, Guardians of the Galaxy), but some games will not (ex. TUNIC, Chinatown Detective Agency, Yakuza). While they won't launch, I can see a process in task manager with the game's name and taking up moderate CPU and disk usage.

    Please let me know what else I can try. Thanks!

    :)
     
    kynchan, May 6, 2022
    #1
  2. NEREUSHIXON Win User

    Some games don't get past the loading screen when launching games via Xbox gamepass for PC (Win 10)

  3. K3ll007 Win User

    Xbox game pass on pc not launching some games

    I've got the same issue, but I cant even launch any games. I have game pass and at the top of the Xbox app, there's a link that redirects me to download an optional update for windows. But, on my pc I have no download optional updates in my settings so I can play the game pass I just paid for.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching

    Could you share the specifications on your PC please?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching

    Processor, graphics card, ram, OS if you can share screenshots of it will be great
  6. kynchan Win User

    Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching


    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]


    Let me know if you need any other info!
Thema:

Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching

Loading...
  1. Xbox game pass PC - some games not launching - Similar Threads - game pass games

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...