Xbox Game Pass PC - Game resolution - I can't change resolution in games

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC - Game resolution - I can't change resolution in games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I hope that all of you are having a safety and healthy times during the COVID time. I stream videogames and recently I've acquire the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LeonhartTwitch, May 13, 2021.

  1. Xbox Game Pass PC - Game resolution - I can't change resolution in games


    Hi everyone!

    I hope that all of you are having a safety and healthy times during the COVID time.

    I stream videogames and recently I've acquire the game pass for PC to stream some of them. I've installed 3 games so far (Overcooked 2, SuperHot and Yes Your Grace ) and is not possible for me to change the game resolution.

    I have a Samsung CHG90 49" monitor, so, usually when I play any game, I change the resolution to control the stream, all in the same screen. And I am really worried about the fact that if I want to stream a game from the Game Pass, i wont be able to make it, due to the resolution.

    The thing is that if I play full screen here, the stream resolution is huge and is not possible to see the stream properly.

    Is this happening with ALL games in the Game pass ?

    I have a second 27'' monitor next to the previous one, I tried to run the game in the second monitor, but is not possible, the game by default runs in the 49''

    If anyone can throw some light here I will be very thankful.

    Thanks for your time!!!

    PD : If anyone wants to collaborate with a follow, I will appreciate it a lot https://www.twitch.tv/nightcityhero

    :)
     
    LeonhartTwitch, May 13, 2021
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox Game Pass PC - Game resolution - I can't change resolution in games

    Changing resolution is up to the developer. Off the top of my head I know gears 4/5 and AI bekeive a sunset overdrive support changing resolutions.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Fallout 76 Can't change to windowed at startup

    I found something that can help, in case you didn't try change your whole PC resolution to 720p or the lowest one to see if you're able to access the game and revert the full screen mode

    Obsessive Power reply:

    "I've found that there a few games on the Game Pass with this issue, but not many. The only fix I've found is to either change the display resolution prior to launch, or launch the game, alt-tab back to the desktop and change the resolution there. Then set the resolution in the game to 1920x1080."

    Original thread:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox faulty or television the problem?

    Changing resolution won't help. The Xbox isn't like a PC. Regardless of the display setting the game will render internally at the resolution the game was designed for.
  5. gianluigivillecco Win User

    Games resolution problem on Xbox PC game pass

    I have an old LG full HD, never had trouble at changing resolution in games. It only happens with the games within Xbox PC pass. Now i'm trying to reinstall the app.

    EDIT: i reinstalled the app, and the resolution was always 1500x864, in borderless mode. I changed in full screen and i could change to full hd. So, i have to play in fullscreen otherwise i get stuck. Strange.

    Just another question, if possible. How i disinstall a game with the app? I can't find the option anywhere.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox Game Pass PC Fullscreen Issues

    Hi,

    I've found that there a few games on the Game Pass with this issue, but not many. The only fix I've found is to either change the display resolution prior to launch, or launch the game, alt-tab back to the desktop and change the resolution there. Then set
    the resolution in the game to 1920x1080.

    The quickest way to change Windows resolution is to right click anywhere in the desktop and select
    Display Settings. I've got about 10 Game Pass games installed and only
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice has the same issue as My Time at Portia. I wish I could give you a permanent fix, I can't unfortunately.

    Unfortunately this is something only the game developer can fix.
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass PC - Game resolution - I can't change resolution in games

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game Pass PC - Game resolution - I can't change resolution in games - Similar Threads - Game Pass Game

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. how to change xcloud resolution